What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Headed out the door in an hour for an appointment with my doctor and since I posted a picture of my Saddlehorn Jumbo Trapper, in the Jumbo Trapper thread, I might as well tote it with me. Ain't life grand:) - unless of course ya might get a "finger wave" mid-morning.:(

tqozJSo.jpg

Where did you get the replacement blade?
Thanks
Rick
Hi Rick, when Schrade closed their doors in ‘04, they sold everything off.
I have found several sellers on the auction site, who sell blades and other parts from that sell off.
I think that this particular blade, with the New York Knife Co tang stamp was being used on a run of stockman pattern knives, but that is only based on some photos I ran across.
And it just happens that I have that one with me today. View attachment 1441666View attachment 1441667 A thunderstorm rolled through at 5:00am and filled the bird bath.
Also have this Schrade made Craftsman folding hunter on my belt...View attachment 1441668

Hi Rick, when Schrade closed their doors in ‘04, they sold everything off.
I have found several sellers on the auction site, who sell blades and other parts from that sell off.
I think that this particular blade, with the New York Knife Co tang stamp was being used on a run of stockman pattern knives, but that is only based on some photos I ran across.
And it just happens that I have that one with me today. View attachment 1441666View attachment 1441667 A thunderstorm rolled through at 5:00am and filled the bird bath.
Also have this Schrade made Craftsman folding hunter on my belt...View attachment 1441668
Thanks for information. I need to find a replacement blade for one of my 227's.

Where does the time go?? These are some old posts that I'm quoting, but they were NOT very old when I added them to the multi quote.
Toting these two old shadows for a fairly relaxing Sunday. :)
I'm "standing in the shadow of love" whenever this pair comes around, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Terrific triple totes for today, Gary; the Black Jack by Jack Black looks awesome in your photo!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary! Black Jack is looking great my friend! :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ & Ron. :) Full disclosure: that's a photo from when the knife was almost brand new! :rolleyes:

Also good for Tidioute Tuesday and Wooden Wednesday. :cool::thumbsup:

I agree I'd like to see them change the file to an awl on the Cadet. Ithink the Cadet is the perfect size though.

I just can't abide by a Scout/Camp knife without a can opener... I think I like the Pioneer better for that reason.

Us Pirates can't be too careful. ;)
Good to have a knife that "wears so many hats", John. ;)
I enjoyed reading your Alox opinions, even though we differ. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
"Pirates" and "careful" are not a pair high on my word association list! :D

Thank you, Gary. The message in the patina is determined by the beholder. ;)

I like the RR half whittler. You seem to be able to find RR treasures!!
You sound like a true artist, Dean. ;):thumbsup:
Thanks for the RR half whittler compliment. I'm quite happy with most of my RR knives, but the half whittler has a flaw (I may have showed this before):
Mark side:
halfwhit.mark.2open.jpg
Pile side:
halfwhit.pile.2open.jpg

I’ll have to give it a try sometime. I’ve heard their Nordeast is supposed to be good. I believe it’s an Amber Lager.
Winter is coming! Resistance is futile! ;) :D
We anxiously await your Grain Belt review, Barrett! ;):cool::thumbsup:
I caught your 2nd "cultural reference" regarding the Borg, but totally missed the first one until my wife mentioned the cool combo (never watched any Game of Thrones). :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I spent some time cleaning up X-Caliber.
Took the gloss off the ebony and put a slight satin finish on the bolsters to hide all the scratches.
Celebrated with a cold brew...
X-Caliber is looking royal, and that Oktoberfest is probably my favorite among the many I've tried! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I think mine might have gone to @Gevonovich, who kindly furnished the info about it (see my previous post). I remember coming across some old photos of it a while back, but I must have deleted them as I can't find them now :rolleyes:
Hope everyone has a good week :thumbsup:

LCOHyQQ.jpg

IQLjC4V.jpg
Thanks for looking for the info about that wire "changeling" toy, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're carrying a couple of lookers! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Sorry I missed this. It is synthetic, but fairly hard and dense. Definitely has a solid feel.
Thanks for the info, Tom. :) I found a dealer that carries those knives, but no models had synthetic handles (and the horn-handled ones were longer than I like to carry). I did end up ordering an inexpensive Italian "work knife" from a different maker, though! :rolleyes:

View attachment 1439796 View attachment 1439797 Canvas and muslin for Micarta Monday,
Red Bone Case XX for just because.
A versatile and varied trio, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

A couple of Camillus Cutco today

USN Utility and a #70 Cattle knife

t7TVmIs.jpg
Notable pair for sure, Steve!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Whelp, there’s been over a thousand posts since I peaced out a few weeks back. I figure I’ll just pick up here. I carried these two over my break. Good to see errbody!
Welcome back, Jon! :) I hope you got all spiritually recalibrated! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Compelling couple of cutters you posted!

I'm totin' my Case Tribal Lock today.

View attachment 1440042
Striking blue beauty, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: After seeing yours, I spent some time looking to see if that color is still available - found a couple of places, now I have to act! :rolleyes:

I've never carried a moose, so I've been carrying my old friend Friday Boker USA moose with my Crosman.
JVlrY90.jpg

That made me wonder where my funny moose was. Found it:
1y985J7.jpg

New York Knife Co on the clip and Hammer Brand on the spear.
Interesting trio of knives, Jer! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

ShPxIpA.jpg

I don’t carry this one much because it’s a bear to open, thinking about making an easy open notch at work tomorrow.
I hope you can get it to where you enjoy carrying it. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I carry a lambsfoot (among many other knives:rolleyes:) every day.

- GT

Back