What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Good morning y'all! Today I've got my Jack Black Ashley's Choice SFO Lambsfoot. I'm also trying out a newly arrived visitor. ;) It's a "Sweatpants Pocket Carver" from Joshua's JTB_5 JTB_5 Share & Share GAW/give it a try thread. :) :thumbsup:

50535574773_d51d04e818_o.jpg

Nice pairing! I’m toting three today. AC, boys knife, and Mike Moran eureka.
7F9A0743-6125-4078-82BD-003B6BA2B061.jpeg

I just got this green Alox cadet in and will be carrying it a while.

I like the updated nail file too, I'd rather have a pen blade or inline awl ( I'd really really love an inline awl ) but at least with this one I could file on a piece of plastic in a pinch if I have to.

The new file does look like it might be more useful. I've carried one of my Cadets every day for years, but I don't ever remember using the nail file, at least not for it's intended purpose.:) I've found that the tip of it is useful on those very small Phillips screws found on electronics, etc.

View attachment 1444334 View attachment 1444335

There are rumors out there that we could have a new run of 73’s and 83’s early next year. I sure hope that is true!

I hope you're right. I could use some single bladed clip point long pull #83 in my collection.

The new file does look like it might be more useful. I've carried one of my Cadets every day for years, but I don't ever remember using the nail file, at least not for it's intended purpose.:) I've found that the tip of it is useful on those very small Phillips screws found on electronics, etc.

Victorinox Sportsman is my absolute favourite of all pocket knives. It's basically a Cadet with cellidor scales and tools on the back. I have used the file on multiple occasions, mainly for Phillips screws, but also as a file. Like that time my daughter scratched her hand open on a wicker chair. Few strokes with that file and it was smooth and round.
IMG-20201027-141414.jpg

Taking our truck over to Lakeview, OR this morning for an oil, oil filter, air filter, and gas filter change this morning. Too dang old to crawl under the truck for that kind of stuff any more as is evidenced by my hand with my Buck Creek Copperhead that I'm totin with me resting on it.

auJrJFX.jpg

That’s the wildest thing I’ve seen in a while, is that a Vic Phillips?
Thank you. :)
It's a Cattaraugus remake, yes it has a philips, and the main blade unlocks by pushing on the secondary. :cool::thumbsup:

Too dang old to crawl under the truck for that kind of stuff any more
I'm right there with you ED.
I may be young enough to still do it, but the desire isn't there any more.

Taking our truck over to Lakeview, OR this morning for an oil, oil filter, air filter, and gas filter change this morning. Too dang old to crawl under the truck for that kind of stuff any more as is evidenced by my hand with my Buck Creek Copperhead that I'm totin with me resting on it.

auJrJFX.jpg
Sometimes, a man’s hands tell a story.

auJrJFX.jpg
Love this shot, and it gives me an idea! Would you guys/gals be interested in a "Traditional knives in-hand" photo thread? I guess this one is more "on-hand", but you get the point.

Back