What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Taking our truck over to Lakeview, OR this morning for an oil, oil filter, air filter, and gas filter change this morning. Too dang old to crawl under the truck for that kind of stuff any more as is evidenced by my hand with my Buck Creek Copperhead that I'm totin with me resting on it.

auJrJFX.jpg
That looks remarkably like my gnarly old hand, Ed! ;)

The new file does look like it might be more useful. I've carried one of my Cadets every day for years, but I don't ever remember using the nail file, at least not for it's intended purpose.:) I've found that the tip of it is useful on those very small Phillips screws found on electronics, etc.
I modified the tip on my last one a bit to specifically fit small Phillips screws but didn't try it stock first, yesterday I discovered it works just fine as is for those screws

I've always a mini multitool in my pocket with a proper wood / metal file and dedicated phillip's driver, so it will probably be one of those things I only use because my knife is already out or something I find various random uses for.

I modified the tip on my last one a bit to specifically fit small Phillips screws but didn't try it stock first, yesterday I discovered it works just fine as is for those screws

I've always a mini multitool in my pocket with a proper wood / metal file and dedicated phillip's driver, so it will probably be one of those things I only use because my knife is already out or something I find various random uses for.

I'm usually close enough to one of my tool boxes in the basement, kitchen, garage, truck, or jeep that I can easily get the proper tool. I'm just too lazy to walk a few steps sometimes. :)

I'm usually close enough to one of my tool boxes in the basement, kitchen, garage, truck, or jeep that I can easily get the proper tool. I'm just too lazy to walk a few steps sometimes. :)
Oh I've got toolboxes and loose tools in about every room of the house , but there are times where having a small light duty option on you is handy.
Yesterday I was working on my Halloween decorations and only had a #2 Philip's in my tool belt, I needed a #1 to replace the batteries in the LED strobe lights so I just reached into my pocket.

When I had the chance I grabbed the #1 from the rack, but the driver tip in my pocket was good enough when I needed it and I think that's really the point of a Vic, Scout, or multitool.
Just enough for use in a pinch.

Carrying a 5OT [USA] as I do pretty regularly. Got a bunch of them so I decided to see how a China made one compared.
DLN4N92.jpg

kZB8hl7.jpg

vW2cbwi.jpg

5lLtkB3.jpg
I did the opposite. Didn’t do my home work, and won a bid on a 194 that I later discovered was Chinese from 2011.
I’ll admit it aint bad~ bone scaled anniversary model, nice swedge.
But now I’m watching the USPS tracking on a USA 194.:D

I learned that when brush hogging a remote section on an old tractor, having a Leatherman or pair of lineman’s pliers ~ even a SAK or good old TL-29 can save a long walk back to the tool shed.
Then there was that trip to Colorado pulling a Uhaul in a blizzard, and having to fix the trailer lights in a truckstop parking lot...

I did the opposite. Didn’t do my home work, and won a bid on a 194 that I later discovered was Chinese from 2011.
I’ll admit it aint bad~ bone scaled anniversary model, nice swedge.
But now I’m watching the USPS tracking on a USA 194.:D
You'll like that!
The USA 5OTs' are the best. The other one is pretty good. It's squarer, thicker, no taper but solid and smooth.

Back