What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks for your message,
Yes, the shield is a bit different :)

Sincerely
EPn01DW.jpg

A8ECAF70-A781-403A-99CB-B16578ED6B38.jpeg

Your photo really displays the great grain in that wood! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I don't think I've ever noticed that version of a Böker shield before.

- GT

Last edited:
View attachment 1488705 View attachment 1488706

Paul, TheChunk91 TheChunk91 , you have a beautiful collection of Schrade knives. Their peach seed jigged bone is amazing. One day I might have to start learning about those knives and dive into that rabbit hole. However, for the time being, I will just continue to enjoy your photographs. My wallet will not let me open another costly vein of collecting! I must also add that John, @JohnDF , does great leatherwork.

PS, yes GT @5K Qs , that is a Saddlehorn made by the late great Tony Bose about a year ago.

Last edited:
Pair of Aces, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thank you, Gary.

Thanks for the kind words, Dean. :)
You have an admirable trio for your hike (although I have no firsthand experience with pocket hunters)! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: How long does it take (or how many beavers does it take) to remove as much wood as you show in your photos??

Peanut-like knife this week is a Chinese Schrade 18OT:
View attachment 1488684

Stag/Horn knife this week is a Colt stag muskrat:
View attachment 1488685

Lambsfoot this week is Lam Jack, the 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife ):
View attachment 1488686

- GT

Thank you, again, Gary! I'm not sure about how much wood a beaver can remove or how many it takes. I just know that one day I hiked in that park and saw the very fresh sign of beavers! :):eek:

Your horn lambsfoot is a treasure! :thumbsup::thumbsup: So's the watch!

High winds, and I was feeling a little light, so I thought I'd add some ballast!!;)
That humble combination cap lifter/can opener might be the cutlery invention of the decade!! Maybe of the century!!:eek: It works so well for both functions!!:thumbsup::DView attachment 1488046 View attachment 1488048 View attachment 1488049 View attachment 1488050
OK, now that is a super cool camp knife, Charlie. :thumbsup: Is that on a 53 or 54 frame? and what is the 'chicken little' shield all about? Bone, bail, bolsters and blades and shield all go so well together, probably the most handsome camp knife I've seen. IMO :)

Thrifty, but thrilling, pair, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, Gary!!!
Peanut-like knife this week is a Chinese Schrade 18OT:
18ot-mark-vflat-log-jpg.1488684

Stag/Horn knife this week is a Colt stag muskrat:
stag-musk-pile-closed-jpg.1488685

Lambsfoot this week is Lam Jack, the 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife ):
lj-goldwatch-open-sunray-jpg.1488686
Very tasty threesome you have today; I really like the image of your Guardian lamb beauty, too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Haha! Thank you. My homemade sheath is pretty ugly, I think, but it hangs just right in the pocket and I'm happy the Baby Kephart fits so well.
oxmDO6N.jpg
Something’s wrong with my eyes, I guess, because it looks great to me.
Dynamic duo, Jeff; the jigging on the Schrade is outstanding! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT
Thank you, Gary. That Schrade Whittler was a thoughtful gift from Ron @Half/Stop when we met for breakfast in Tennessee on Nov 29th just days before we lost him:(

First post on BF! I’ve been carrying a Northwoods Hawthorne Jack in burlap micarta a bunch lately. It sits snug in a Grommet’s Leathercraft slip.
Welcome!

Back