What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Went on a prairie walk today with my dogs, carried a fantastic gift from Greg, aka Sunknife:thumbsup: he gifted me two Russell Green River fixed blades that came as kits and he put Osage on one and Black Locust on the other as well as a excellent handmade sheath:thumbsup: I'll show post more pic's in the near future.

Carried the Russell Green River fixed blade with my Ancient 2.0 TC today:thumbsup: Thanks Greg:thumbsup::)
949Vvi.jpg

Congrats my friend . Very nice gifts from a very generous guy who has a certain artistic style of decorating knife handles and slips that I certainly admire . Carry them in good health my friend . Very nice photo I might add .

Harry

Thanks for the kind words my friends, much appreciated. :) Paul, looks like you have the same weather and snowfall as we have here. Although if this is as bad as it gets this winter It'll be fine with me, the next 6-8 weeks always seem to pass the slowest though.

Quality quartet, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Today the Keen Kutter is my favorite (and I really like that Airstream trailer cut-out, whatever it's for).

Thanks for the ID, John. :) I'd say that's my favorite Case medium stockman (unless you call the x347 a medium - then I might have to flip a coin).

Vibrant vintage Barlow, Dean, and a massive knot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

Your red Alox old cross SAK is first-rate! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That you have your grandfather's old knife, and a substitute to carry is wonderful, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Notable pairs you've posted, José and JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Splendid knife, Frank! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have to learn the relationships among rail splitters, cattle knives, and stockman knives.

Congrats on your new TC Barlow, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I like that ritzy Tinker, too. ;)

Are those REAL? Is this a dream? :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, José. :)

Thanks, Jack. :)
Enviable pairs of knives the two of you are carrying, Jack and Bill! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT
Thanks Gary, I was fortunate to have a friend help me with the TC, and the Ritz is a re-store for me as it came to me in a bad way. I like putting a knife back into service:)

Not really a daily tote as it rarely finds its way into my pocket, the unassuming Case Pen Knife is likely my most-used traditional. Mainly used to cut apples, oranges and the occasional cheese for daily snacks. The blades now have a very dark grey patina.
original.jpg

original.jpg

Great knife, but be careful, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool: The first canoe I ever bought was scheduled to get a 1-week tryout, and the next thing I knew, I had to force myself to give another knife a turn a month later! :eek: Didn't take much to turn me into a canoesseur.
Thanks, Gary. But a weekend tryout is enough. I love the way the canoe looks, but we just don't "click," like I do with trappers and stockmans. I really dig clip blades: trappers, stockmans, Laguioles, and Opinels especially. Opinel in my pocket now; stockman in the morning, probably.

Not really a daily tote as it rarely finds its way into my pocket, the unassuming Case Pen Knife is likely my most-used traditional. Mainly used to cut apples, oranges and the occasional cheese for daily snacks. The blades now have a very dark grey patina.
original.jpg

original.jpg
The Case Pen is really a perfect pocket knife in so many ways. If I didn’t have so many more “interesting” knives I’d carry mine daily. Or, if Case would offer it in more cover materials.
It carries about the same as a Peanut and is practically the same length as a Barlow. The secondary blade tilts downward in such a way that gives good control when using the tip. Best of all it’s a single spring

Great gift, Gary; you're a good buddy! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: May I show your post to my wife periodically throughout the coming year? My next birthday will be my 70th, and I'm not above using some blatant hints. :rolleyes:
Glad to help, Gary!

The Case Pen is really a perfect pocket knife in so many ways. If I didn’t have so many more “interesting” knives I’d carry mine daily. Or, if Case would offer it in more cover materials.
It carries about the same as a Peanut and is practically the same length as a Barlow. The secondary blade tilts downward in such a way that gives good control when using the tip. Best of all it’s a single spring

For me and my hands, the pen knife is a love/ hate relationship. Almost too small for my hands and fingers to safely grip, but I like the blades. Main blade is slicey enough to make short work of fruit when I get around to any cutting. I know Case (and a few others) make a smaller pen knife - I can't even imagine trying to use one myself.

It's a bit funny that the smaller Pocket Hunters fit my hands better than the Pen due to the shaped and slightly higher handle.

Toting a couple of my favorite GEC spear jacks today. :)

Two stunners there JJ, they go together well :) :thumbsup:

Went on a prairie walk today with my dogs, carried a fantastic gift from Greg, aka Sunknife:thumbsup: he gifted me two Russell Green River fixed blades that came as kits and he put Osage on one and Black Locust on the other as well as a excellent handmade sheath:thumbsup: I'll show post more pic's in the near future.

Carried the Russell Green River fixed blade with my Ancient 2.0 TC today:thumbsup: Thanks Greg:thumbsup::)
949Vvi.jpg

Well done sunknife sunknife :thumbsup: That one goes well with your TC Barlow Paul, nice pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the Stag-o-Rama, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thanks, Jack. :)
Enviable pairs of knives the two of you are carrying, Jack and Bill! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot buddy :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a good weekend :) I'm starting my week with a Unity Lambsfoot and an Ibberson Burma Knife :thumbsup:

FS8E7N9.jpg

q9K60Md.jpg

Back