What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Making up for yesterday with some wood.
I have knives I like better because of personal taste but man this one makes for a great pocket knife.
F838833-E-9128-4-E64-A318-C7-AEB676-FF7-A.jpg

Thanks a lot, Jack!!! The 66 is definitely pocket friendly! :)

Your burley Saynor Lamb is a very cool piece of old Sheffield steel; the lovely 25 makes a smashing pocket partner, as well!:D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these two GECs, a 15 in ebony and a 29 in orange osage. :)

Thanks a lot JJ, it looks like you've got everything covered with those two beauties :) :thumbsup:

I’ll take a flat grind on my pocket knife, and a butter knife for spreading jams, jellies, preserves, nut butters, etc. ;) :D

At first glance (and without zooming in) that looked like a Waynorth tang stamp on that Lambsfoot! (Not that that would make any sense, but that’s what I saw.) :eek: :D

Good to see your Unicorn Ivory #25. Been a while since I carried mine, so I swapped out my 2020 BF Viper I’ve been carrying for it this afternoon. (Old photo.)

fdhFttx.jpg

Here’s another old photo, just for fun. I think that’s yours in the middle there. :thumbsup:

JxWhz4k.jpg

Charlie @waynorth actually has one the same, as does Duncan @Campbellclanman, but unfortunately, I never took a group shot like that one there, a photo I always enjoy seeing :) Thank you for joining me, my friend :) :thumbsup:

KFmiVzz.jpg

Thanks Jack, enjoy your day, your covered for a wide assortment of cutting chores:thumbsup:

Thank you very much Paul :) :thumbsup:

Worthy wood pair, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks Gary :) :thumbsup:

I've been missing my #66 Jack, so I'll give it some love today...

Now you're talking! :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day. I've had a pleasant, but very tiring day out in the woods, a good hike, lots of slingshot practice, and two truck-loads of firewood gathered for my pal (in his ex-US Army vintage Sherpa) :) Just my Hartshead Barlow today - and a Bahco Lapplander saw! :D :thumbsup:

1vogtkB.jpg

Titanic trio Gary :) :thumbsup:

Those two pair well Steve :cool: :thumbsup:

...You'd be very well-heeled! :) ;) :thumbsup:

Good to see you back Tom :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ, two terrific knives there my friend, and a reminder my own Calf Roper is due some pocket time :) :thumbsup:

Delightful dup Paul :) :thumbsup:

Have a good day folks. Saynor Lambsfoot and a @btb01 -gifted Unicorn Ivory #25 for me today :) :thumbsup:

cIoIcSx.jpg

gx9s1QN.jpg

Thanks Jack! Very happy to be back. Fantastic pairing :thumbsup:

These two for me today. Well 3 actually, not pictured is my blue Pioneer X that goes everywhere I do :).

A wonderful GEC/Northfield stag moose that I've been carrying for several years - alternating with a barlow size OHTA also stag. They both fit nicely in a 4" belt pouch. Wish I could send pics but can't remember how. Been a while since I posted here.

View attachment 1516136 View attachment 1516131 View attachment 1516129 IView attachment 1516130

Sticking with XX Red Bone as we ease into the weekend.

@Will Power , that could be Copperhead skin. We have lots of them. It could also be something worse, Cottonmouth Water Moccasin! We have lots of them as well, and they are much more aggressive.

And Will, you really should come up with a better name for your snake. Common viper sounds soft, especially if your cat can kill them so easily. How about calling them the Finnish Death Slinger? That might strengthen their resolve.

Louisiana rivals Australia in the number of creepy crawlies that can kill you! That alligator was living in a friend’s lake not far from my house.
o_O
Impress your pets....
Nice knife ;)

Hope everyone is having a good day. I've had a pleasant, but very tiring day out in the woods, a good hike, lots of slingshot practice, and two truck-loads of firewood gathered for my pal (in his ex-US Army vintage Sherpa) :) Just my Hartshead Barlow today - and a Bahco Lapplander saw! :D :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great day out!

As usual, I'm carrying a couple of canoes this week, a honey bone Buck and a cinnamon stag bone Rough Ryder with Damascus blades:
honey.canoe.mark.open.jpg

csbd.mark.closed.branch.jpg

I also have, as usual, a couple of stockman knives, one regular and one sowbelly. The regular stockman is a linerless model from Imperial Ireland (thanks, Dave) and the sowbelly is my first, an amber jigged bone Rough Rider:
imp.ireland.stockman.open.jpg

sowbelly.closed.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Thanks a lot JJ, it looks like you've got everything covered with those two beauties :) :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, Jack!!!
Charlie @waynorth actually has one the same, as does Duncan @Campbellclanman, but unfortunately, I never took a group shot like that one there, a photo I always enjoy seeing :) Thank you for joining me, my friend :) :thumbsup:

KFmiVzz.jpg

1vogtkB.jpg
Your wonderful cutlery collection even includes very cool butter knives; great to hear you are able to get back out in the woods with your awesome tote companions!:cool::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back