What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Groovy pic Dean ;) :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! :)

Looks great with the grass starting to poke out of the snow! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Thank you, Gary.

I learn something new almost every day! ;):cool: I must have been thinking of a pony keg of Barlows. :rolleyes:

The black and silver make that a very dignified Barlow, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thank you, Gary. (That's the closest I'll get to dignified :D) By the way, your Red Cadet is really red! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1078352463_o.jpg

Not exactly totin' this today, but I got to use it. One of the things I like about days when my wife makes a turkey is the excuse it gives me to get this knife out to cut up the bird for cooking. The knife was made by a college professor I had in the early 2000s. It's been with me for many deer seasons.
KD6k4a6.jpg

I said before I was not going to use this one for food ... I lied to myself ;), I just can't help it :rolleyes:
I am itching to use it and my sheltered modern life does not give me that many chances for it ... so food it is for now :)

My wife cut the veggies for the past few days with it and believed or not she liked it :thumbsup:, says is way sharper than her paring knives.
I am gentle with it's sharp edge on the plate too.
I keep a can of compressed air in the kitchen cabinets and a little syringe with mineral oil to give it a couple puffs of air, wipe it clean and oil the blades as necessary after use.

I think I am happy :D

yLyztgh.jpg

HQfuewi.jpg

SK Blades "THE GENTLEMAN" Buck 110 with CPM154 drop point blade and black G10 covers, paired with a Marbles MR431 D2 Sowbelly Stockman, which just happens to also be equipped with black G10 covers.

110 touched up to 15 DPS on both sides. (pile side was originally off by 2 or 3 degrees)
The stockman has 10DPS on all three blades. :D
No redundent blades this week. :)

View attachment 1517790

Nothing to do today, but to enjoy having nothing to do :) Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

K9dYOif.jpg
Love the watch! Here’s my Alpinist. Same green, mine just has the compass and date magnifier. I had the HARDEST time picking between the two. Listen to this: in one month of every day wear, mine has gained +4 seconds. Incredible.
4AE194C1-C1EF-4E47-A2DD-B57EADF7F06C.jpeg *Rope knife shown to keep relevant to the thread.

I've been browsing small fixed blade knives and the Guardian 3 is on my short list. :cool::thumbsup:
By the way, I heard from Dennis this morning and he's doing good. :):thumbsup:

It's a great little knife John, really recommend it :) That's fantastic news about Dennis, please pass on my best buddy :) :thumbsup:

Sticking with the Albers Boys Knife for the weekend.
Also have the Woods Walker out to keep me company doing yard work.
I can't carry it in my pocket when I go in public, but I'll do what I want here at home. ;)

Cracking pair John, and that's some great leather-work :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Jack, I'm a Damascus neophyte, so really have nothing to which I can compare my RR. It's certainly far better than a couple of knives I have with "damascus-etched" blades! :eek:
Your HHB and GEC 66 make a productive pair! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

THank you Gary, both for the info and the compliment :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack!!! I did have some heavier cutting tasks. :eek::D:thumbsup:

That sweet looking Guardian FB makes an excellent addition to your HHB beauty; you're well prepared with those two super slicers!:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm sure they handled them fine JJ :D Thank you kindly my friend :) :thumbsup:

I've got these two from Schatt & Morgan with me today. :)

Those two are total eye-candy to me JJ, just beautiful :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Righteous Tom! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic photo Dwight :cool: :thumbsup:

Very handsome pair :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Mine has been pretty good so far, a nice walk yesterday, some slingshot practice, good food, and a boozy session round the fire-pit under a fat moon :) The sun is out here again, but I have a few chores to do before I can go out and enjoy it. Hoping to meet up with my pal for a beer in the garden later. Have a lovely Sunday everyone :thumbsup:

One of my Lambsfoot SFOs in Damascus and Sambar and a fancy slippie by Jose Antonio Herreros :thumbsup:

5REcDt1.jpg

4sy9Xwv.jpg

F419D535-5777-4D9A-B8B6-AEEEA6AE4B1C.jpeg

and speaking of Swiss Army Knives, anybody remember the Q/Bond parody scene in the Naked Gun movie? They gave Drebbin a shoe on which a knife blade springs out of the toe. As he fiddles with it, he unfolds a SAK scissors from the side, can and bottle openers, etc.
Just thought of that because it was on yesterday.

Last edited:
View attachment 1518014

and speaking of Swiss Army Knives, anybody remember the Q/Bond parody scene in the Naked Gun movie? They gave Drebbin a shoe on which a knife blade springs out of the toe. As he fiddles with it, he unfolds a SAK scissors from the side, can and bottle openers, etc.
Just thought of that because it was on yesterday.

That 54 big jack just keeps getting better looking with age and use, Jeff. :thumbsup:

btw; that pocket sheath of yours looks like a good design for keeping the small fixed blade upright in your pocket, nice work.
Thank you, Greg. :)

Cracking pair John, and that's some great leather-work
Thank you, Jack.:)

It's a great little knife John, really recommend it
I'll definitely be looking hard at it then. :cool::thumbsup:

That's fantastic news about Dennis, please pass on my best buddy
Yes, I was excited to hear that he's doing well, and I told him you were thinking about him. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice picture, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:
Your pictures always make me want to get outside and explore.

Back