What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

6mYXgcb.jpg

HqZuThd.jpg

Not much better than the look on a little one’s face at their birthday party! Congratulations.;)
I agree! Last year she was still a bit young to really understand what was going on (still all smiles though). This year she was over the moon!

For a second there I thought that said"Front Toward Enemy". Nice knife even if it's not on a claymore!

Have a safe and peaceful Sunday porch friends!
kbZSrPI.jpg
Out and about today. Have a good one!
Chamblin WT along for the ride.
IVHohyd.jpg
A pair with flair and an incredibly dapper trapper, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic knife and fascinating, informative post, LT! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

In my case, the trick is to use your work-issued iPhone, forget your reading glasses in the car, squint, and hope for the best.
"Hope for the best" is one of my most frequent tactics ;), but I may have to invest some time into learning how my point&shoot camera actually works. :rolleyes:

Your stag gunstock is nuts, Dwight! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm carrying these two today: Case Navy Blue mini Copperhead and my new Victorinox Alox Blue Bantam.

View attachment 1518255
Starting the week with the blues, Dean, but in a very good way! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Grabbed a couple of spear blades for Sunday. :)
That 78 is SUCH an attractive jack, JJ, especially with the checkered covers! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Superb sowbelly! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Camillus and a Schrade Cutco

jKSHesa.jpg
Gotta be a pair of finalists in the Golden Bone contest, Steve! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks, Gary! I made an offer a little under asking, and was able to close the deal. And yes, I do like it very much. I may try to carry this exclusively for a while, and see how it suits me. If you (or anyone else) have a recommendation for a pocket slip or belt sheath that fits it, please let me know! —Tony
Glad you're liking it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) I'm afraid I'll be no help with sheath recommendations; most of the slips I have are serendipitous finds when I didn't even know I was looking! :rolleyes:

Well, took another polar plunge today, only it wasn’t intentional this time. Was breaking up some ice around the dock, lost my balance, fell off the dock and went right through the ice! Pretty deep water but I was able to get ahold of the dock and climb out. Had my 86 tortoise in my pocket but I’m happy to report after a flush with WD40 and a few drops of fresh oil in the joint it’s all good! Overall, I’d say I was pretty lucky!:thumbsup:
View attachment 1518489
I've been admiring the view I see in some of your shots of knives on what looks like the railing of a deck, but I guess every "reward" has associated "risks", too! :eek: Glad you literally "came out of it" OK, but sorry you had to experience the shock.

Riding into the night with this
View attachment 1518564
and a comfy cozy one to all.
That's a particularly pointy, and pretty, Puma pen knife, Gus! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Playing around with tabletop photo stuff this evening, tried for a "beauty" shot (kinda) of the knives for the coming week (minus the key ring Cadet). Some of the other knives I have are beginning to feel neglected.
original.jpg
Great photo (especially for just "playing around" :D)! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Starting off the week (and month) with my Hartshead Barlow and a Stan Shaw Ruler Knife, the last knife I had from him :( :thumbsup:

PPUUjTs.jpg

6R9CzpL.jpg
Meaningful pair, Jack; that ruler knife is a very nice memento of Stan Shaw. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today I carry this Bulldog Barlow in Ram´s horn.;):thumbsup:
Beautiful Bulldog Barlow, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I have no experience with the Eureka jack pattern, and the handle shape looks "odd" to me, but the folks who have them sure seem to like them! Great photo of a knife I wish I knew more about. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Hey there GT, looks like you've been busy with the replies...had to page down quite aways to find mine:D. Anyway, hope all's well with you:thumbsup:.
My usual pandemic response has become, "So far, so good!" Thanks for asking, Bill. :) Got my first vaccination on Friday, and that made me feel more hopeful than I'd have predicted!
Your stag HHB is looking very colorful in that shot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My daughter turned 3 today, and because she rarely passes up an opportunity to remind people that she loves red I thought I'd carry the only red knife I currently own.
ziDncFK.jpg
My daughter will turn 33 on her next birthday, but I still fondly remember the days of taking her grocery shopping with me on Saturdays and her pulling out her toy "checkout line" and imitating the grocery store cashiers, or walking around the house taking orders on her little pad after a visit to a restaurant, or even "playing Barbies" with her on too many Sunday afternoons to count!

Thank you. It's a three blade whittler with wedge or split-back :thumbsup::)

9VtU600.jpg
Thanks for setting me straight, Tim. :thumbsup::) I'm surprised I couldn't ID yours when I carried a RR amber bone version of the same pattern all of last week! :eek:

Same knive in my big pocket, so here’s a look at what’s been in my little pocket for the last month or so. Pre-70 Peanut.View attachment 1518877
That old Peanut is a champ, Jeff; perfect bone handles! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Happy Monday!

0rwE3tf.jpg
Handsome pair of knives, Ross! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The Presidential is probably my favorite Northwoods pattern (just based on photos ;)).

Still totin' Stan Shaw's pen knife around, remembering a great old Guy!!:cool:
View attachment 1518991
That Stan Shaw stag sleeveboard shadow pattern pen is stupendous, Charlie! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

I'm carrying my Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot today, along with a Sheffield Lambsfoot, which @jsdistin rebuilt, and recovered in African Blackwood :thumbsup:

Admittedly, I had to do my research to understand Mr. Shaw’s contributions to knife making—very sorry to learn of his passing.

Glad you're liking it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) I'm afraid I'll be no help with sheath recommendations; most of the slips I have are serendipitous finds when I didn't even know I was looking! :rolleyes:

No worries... I’ve since found a couple options!

Back