What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
  2. Un-Chained

Un-Chained Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Grats on the new Winchester Dylan!
    I look forward to your thoughts, as I don’t have that particular one yet.

Today’s duo for a frigid one, as the ice gets thinner
    80F62D12-6534-4E02-AB39-E3DFBB4BCEDF.jpeg
    A great day to all.

3. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
  4. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
  5. KnifeandEasy

KnifeandEasy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2017
    Waiting to take my daughter to school with my 72 and a new to me 66 jack that just arrived from @huntnfishin :thumbsup: She approved both for the day!
    [​IMG]

6. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    A1CB5522-2F33-4FAD-BA9D-9C0B6D76F39C.jpeg 94OT Trapper, and 804 Whittler.
    Have a great day!

7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    A very grand knife, Jack. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice single-blade Gunstock. :cool::thumbsup:
    I don't remember seeing that one before, apologies if I'd missed it.

Very nice... I really like single blade Sheepsfoot Barlows, so very handy.

I'm glad somebody from here on the Porch was able to grab that #66 Jack, it's absolutely amazing. :cool::thumbsup:

8. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Something fun and colorful for today...
    A Charlie #66 Harness Jack in Tomato Soup Acrylic.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Reaper AL, btb01 and 34 others like this.
  9. mcc850

mcc850 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Leslie Tomville and Un-Chained like this.
  10. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you John, I was admiring that souper special knife in one of the other threads earlier, always makes me smile to see it :) :thumbsup:

Reaper AL and Un-Chained like this.
  11. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack. :)
    It makes me smile too, I enjoy the bright colors.
    It was a very generous gift from @knowtracks :cool::thumbsup:

12. KnifeandEasy

KnifeandEasy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2017
    Yes sir! You’ll be seeing more of this one. I’ve been looking for a smaller jack to carry and these 66’s are dandy’s.

13. Bloefield

Bloefield

Aug 2, 2013
    Camillus #18 Jack and Schrade 3OT.
    [​IMG]

14. Ice Tigre

Ice Tigre

Dec 17, 2004
    What is that top knife?
    That bone us absolutely delicious!

Reaper AL and Un-Chained like this.
  15. Un-Chained

Un-Chained Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Thanks I T
    It’s a 2020 #74 Tidioute Mustang in black plum. Reminds me of those old bias-ply tires.

Ice Tigre likes this.
  16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    They're best, in my humble opinion. :cool::thumbsup:

17. Trvr

Trvr

Jun 21, 2020
    I agree! Last year she was still a bit young to really understand what was going on (still all smiles though). This year she was over the moon!

For a second there I thought that said"Front Toward Enemy". Nice knife even if it's not on a claymore!

18. Trvr

Trvr

Jun 21, 2020
    Forgot to add my knife pic. Carrying my pioneer today.
    [​IMG]

19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    A pair with flair and an incredibly dapper trapper, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic knife and fascinating, informative post, LT! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

"Hope for the best" is one of my most frequent tactics ;), but I may have to invest some time into learning how my point&shoot camera actually works. :rolleyes:

Your stag gunstock is nuts, Dwight! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Starting the week with the blues, Dean, but in a very good way! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That 78 is SUCH an attractive jack, JJ, especially with the checkered covers! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Superb sowbelly! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Gotta be a pair of finalists in the Golden Bone contest, Steve! ;):cool::cool:

Glad you're liking it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) I'm afraid I'll be no help with sheath recommendations; most of the slips I have are serendipitous finds when I didn't even know I was looking! :rolleyes:

I've been admiring the view I see in some of your shots of knives on what looks like the railing of a deck, but I guess every "reward" has associated "risks", too! :eek: Glad you literally "came out of it" OK, but sorry you had to experience the shock.

That's a particularly pointy, and pretty, Puma pen knife, Gus! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Great photo (especially for just "playing around" :D)! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Meaningful pair, Jack; that ruler knife is a very nice memento of Stan Shaw. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful Bulldog Barlow, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I have no experience with the Eureka jack pattern, and the handle shape looks "odd" to me, but the folks who have them sure seem to like them! Great photo of a knife I wish I knew more about. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

My usual pandemic response has become, "So far, so good!" Thanks for asking, Bill. :) Got my first vaccination on Friday, and that made me feel more hopeful than I'd have predicted!
    Your stag HHB is looking very colorful in that shot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My daughter will turn 33 on her next birthday, but I still fondly remember the days of taking her grocery shopping with me on Saturdays and her pulling out her toy "checkout line" and imitating the grocery store cashiers, or walking around the house taking orders on her little pad after a visit to a restaurant, or even "playing Barbies" with her on too many Sunday afternoons to count!

Thanks for setting me straight, Tim. :thumbsup::) I'm surprised I couldn't ID yours when I carried a RR amber bone version of the same pattern all of last week! :eek:

That old Peanut is a champ, Jeff; perfect bone handles! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Handsome pair of knives, Ross! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The Presidential is probably my favorite Northwoods pattern (just based on photos ;)).

That Stan Shaw stag sleeveboard shadow pattern pen is stupendous, Charlie! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

20. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Admittedly, I had to do my research to understand Mr. Shaw’s contributions to knife making—very sorry to learn of his passing.

No worries... I’ve since found a couple options!

Reaper AL, Jack Black and Un-Chained like this.