What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Got the ram horn BF20 on me today. hope everyone has a good one today.
AoTijoI.jpg

Remarkable pair, Steve; astounding bone on the Camillus! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My Watch pocket knife this week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone canittler:
View attachment 1550738

Big Knife this week is a Case EO copperhead that I've been using a lot for food prep when it's not in my pocket (thanks, Steve):
View attachment 1550739

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Colt buckshot bone teardrop jack:
View attachment 1550740

- GT

Thanks Gary ! Glad to hear you're getting some use of the Copperhead. Really like the Buckshot bone, very nice !

Super knife, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
That is one long slim Wharncliffe.

My understanding is that the Pioneer is the civilian version of the Soldier, with essentially the same tools, while the Soldier is a literal "SAK" issued to troops in the Swiss Army from 1962 to 2008. Since 2008, the Swiss military issues a larger, more modern-looking SAK to soldiers. The Pioneer is still in production, of course, so that's one big difference. The Pioneer also has a keyring attachment that the Soldier didn't have, although some Soldier models have a hollow rivet at one end that you could run a lanyard through or use for a bail/shackle. The Soldier and Pioneer have different types of crosses on their "shields", I think, and early Soldiers had some kind of "quality control mark" on their covers. I think it's easier to find Pioneers in colors other than silver than is the case for Soldiers.
Thank you for all that good information. I do really like the lanyard hole better than the key ring, wish they still did that.

Have any suggestion on how one might go about getting a great quality one over the pond? I would love to purchase one of those larger bolstered ones...

You're probably best asking by PM Ken :thumbsup: From the sub-forum guidelines:

In order to avoid Terms Of Service (TOS) violations, please omit links or referrals to vendors within the forum. ("Deal Spotting" is a violation of the TOS.)
We want the forum to focus upon the discussion of traditional knives...not the purchasing process, prices nor vendors and their websites.

I noticed the debris on the blade of your Farmer. ;):cool: Thanks for the SAK tips! :)

What a notable lambsfoot pair, Jack; you and Charlie sure came up with a couple of winners! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

My Watch pocket knife this week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone canittler:
View attachment 1550738

Big Knife this week is a Case EO copperhead that I've been using a lot for food prep when it's not in my pocket (thanks, Steve):
View attachment 1550739

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Colt buckshot bone teardrop jack:
View attachment 1550740

- GT

The saw-blade was even worse! :eek: I noticed a suggestion (in that book) that the parcel-hook could be used as a grappling hook! :confused:o_O:rolleyes::D:thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, Canittler is an interesting pattern, three nice knives there :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :)
The Imperial has a tang stamp used from 1956 until the company folded in 1988. And I once found a website (which I could not find yesterday) that indicated that model Imperial was sanctioned as a BSA knife from 1986 to 2002, I think. Sherlockian deductions from those facts suggest the knife was probably made in 1986, 1987, or 1988.

Thank you for the info my friend, well-deduced :cool: :) :thumbsup:

For Thursday, a couple in Beautiful Ebony... GEC #76 and Charlie Lamb.

Super-duper pair John :cool: :) :thumbsup:

For Thursday, a couple in Beautiful Ebony... GEC #76 and Charlie Lamb.
Others have already said it, awesome carry today John!:eek::thumbsup:

rNRBSJx.jpg

At first I didn’t want any of the new 38’s. The bloodwoods are nice, but I am falling in love with the bone variant. I am very happy I gave it a chance. Carrying it today for three blade Thursday.
Very nice Jon! :thumbsup: I wasn’t that excited at first either. I did try to reserve but missed it, wasn’t all that bummed about it though. The more pictures I saw however, the more I wanted one, I like the 38 frame, so I now have one on the way! :D

Too late for Wooden Wednesday, too early for Black Friday but with all the talk of this year's Forum knife I had to pull this out for a bit to see what we're getting into. Thank you Charlie!!!

Waynorth's Ebony Jumbo Eighty-Sixer :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Big in more ways than one!
iriCgPT.jpg

sparerow

Last edited:
Others have already said it, awesome carry today John!:eek::thumbsup:

Very nice Jon! :thumbsup: I wasn’t that excited at first either. I did try to reserve but missed it, wasn’t all that bummed about it though. The more pictures I saw however, the more I wanted one, I like the 38 frame, so I now have one on the way! :D
Congrats on landing one. I think you’re going to love it

Back