What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thursday’s Choice
lrqDleq.jpg

Well, that wasn't too bad. Went pretty smooth. Had my Cataract surgery this morning. They took me in at 0800, did all the prep, started the surgery, and I was out of there by 0900. Of course that meant that before coming home, we stopped at the Wagon Wheel Cafe for Chicken Fried Stead with white gravy, hash-browns, and two eggs up with another short stop at the 4-Corners Market for the weekly paper and a Lemon cake. Seeing me through all this was this Case CV Single Blade Sowbelly.

XZAscmY.jpg

Well, that wasn't too bad. Went pretty smooth. Had my Cataract surgery this morning. They took me in at 0800, did all the prep, started the surgery, and I was out of there by 0900. Of course that meant that before coming home, we stopped at the Wagon Wheel Cafe for Chicken Fried Stead with white gravy, hash-browns, and two eggs up with another short stop at the 4-Corners Market for the weekly paper and a Lemon cake. Seeing me through all this was this Case CV Single Blade Sowbelly.

XZAscmY.jpg
Glad everything went smooth for you this morning, Ed! There must be a picture of you next to JFK on the wall at the Wagon Wheel Cafe. Country fried steak sounds amazing right now...

XZAscmY.jpg
Glad to hear all’s well Ed:thumbsup::thumbsup:

XZAscmY.jpg

Glad your surgery went well!

XZAscmY.jpg

Doc, glad your surgery went well. And that breakfast sounds AMAZING. Might I ask where that place is?

Still sitting with foot propped up. Shame, it’s 47* out this morning. Wokld have been a great morning to sit outside or be doing something. My back hurts so bad from being cockeyed, in bed and in recliner, and on crutches.

Got this one still. love the nice arch on the wharncliff. Almost perfect on this one.
C1028A3B-ABAE-4B58-BA26-3804309B59C4.jpeg

I have a Lloyd almost exactly like that! Great knife but I just don’t use it. Been thinking about selling it actually. Great micarta on that one (mine too), and I’m not a micarta lover!
Thanks! John does get some of the best micarta. This is some very dense stuff, if a person was blindfolded they would say it feels like plastic.
My tastes have also grown away from micarta apart from this denser material.

Beauty:cool::thumbsup::cool:
See shield. Perfectly nestled right in there. Also the size of said shield is perfect imho.
Them’s were the days...

Today’s tag along...
View attachment 1550748
After yesterday’s late snowfall and cold temps, the apricot tree seems quite resilient. Fingers crossed:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes indeed, the shield is inlet into impossibly difficult 'terrain' as it's deeply grooved.

Beautiful picture you show of knife and Apricot in blossom. Peach and Apricot can tolerate ground frosts, let's hope the bees&insects are around though. This spring in France has been very bad for severe frosts in orchards and some vineyards have had the crop ruined. Less wine, never good.

Will Power Will Power
Thank you Will...
Terrible loss of sweet nectars, sorry to hear. The bees were all over the tree for roughly ten days, the buds are still hanging on well. One more night, as we just dip into sub zero again. Tomorrow at this time, we’ll be peaking the spring numbers. It should be alright, as the pedals were naturally dropping a few days prior to this current temp. drop.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now... for the evening and hopefully the last of our icy conditions
B340A662-2541-4271-AFD0-5B07B1BBB333.jpeg
A great one to all!!

Back