What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund those old Schrade Open Stock knives are so understated, yet are such nice examples of mid-20th Century cutler craftsmanship. Hope you and your family enjoy Mothers Day; we are going inland a little later to visit my parents and have dinner with them at my sisters. At 85 my folks are still kicking, but very slowly - I'm fortunate they are still here to love and enjoy. A Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers connected to the Porch and especially to our own regular Porch sitter, Rachel r8shell r8shell . OH

FFAlCGI.jpg
Absolutely gorgeous Old lamb. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Very cool knife, I love the green color. 🤠:thumbsup:
Lovely pair of Schrade Knives. 🤠:thumbsup:

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund those old Schrade Open Stock knives are so understated, yet are such nice examples of mid-20th Century cutler craftsmanship. Hope you and your family enjoy Mothers Day; we are going inland a little later to visit my parents and have dinner with them at my sisters. At 85 my folks are still kicking, but very slowly - I'm fortunate they are still here to love and enjoy. A Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers connected to the Porch and especially to our own regular Porch sitter, Rachel r8shell r8shell . OH
Thanks, Bruce! At 84, I worry about Mom’s hip pain that slows her mobility, but in all honesty, I’ll be worse at 84...
VCM3 VCM3
Wowza :eek: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great seeing you here as well!!

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund
Gawgeous pics of blades and surroundings Jeff!!
Thank you...

Gas!
Absolutely gorgeous Old lamb. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Very cool knife, I love the green color. 🤠:thumbsup:

Lovely pair of Schrade Knives. 🤠:thumbsup:
Thanks, John!
hey- your little pocket swag utility tool that looks like a bird actually has an ingeniously useful shape.

I chose these two to start my Sunday. I used the mini copper lock to slice some strawberries for breakfast, nice Case knife as it came with an extremely sharp edge.
The Pal cattle punch was a recover in rosewood by by Jason R., he did an outstanding job on it. I imagine most of you recognize who crafted the exquisite slip, the
mini copperlock is one of several knives I have that works perfectly in it. Thanks, John.:thumbsup:
View attachment 1560925

I chose these two to start my Sunday. I used the mini copper lock to slice some strawberries for breakfast, nice Case knife as it came with an extremely sharp edge.
The Pal cattle punch was a recover in rosewood by by Jason R., he did an outstanding job on it. I imagine most of you recognize who crafted the exquisite slip, the
mini copperlock is one of several knives I have that works perfectly in it. Thanks, John.:thumbsup:
View attachment 1560925
The mini copperlock really is an excellent pattern :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh cool! Mine isn't a lone survivor after all!

20200629_222836.jpg

Did they all have the axe etch/stamping?
There is a ghost of some mark on the blade of mine, that always seemed too deep to be from use, but I wasn't sure. I tried to leave as much of it there as I could when I rounded the tip to be safe to carry.

wp-1613718088610.jpg

AHA!
Now that I know what I'm looking at, I see the axe head there! Cool!
Yay! Another member of the Schmachtenberg Club! I see someone pried with your axe, too. :(

According to the books, they also made contract knives with other stampings: J Dunlap; Anchor & Swords (picture); and Saint Lawrence Cutlery Co. I've never seen any of those yet.

I sharpened mine up and even with the broken blade, it's fun to carry.
lArrrfb.jpg

Thanks, but I'm not actually a mother (if I ever refer to my cat as a fur-baby, I hope someone just shoots me) I've got a Zoom meeting scheduled with my mother and brothers for this afternoon, and wish everyone a Happy Mothers Day. :)

A stockman for Mom’s Sunday...
From the 1981 Schrade Tradesman series...
Mr. E. Albers kindly pointed this out, as I had no idea these existed. Beautiful green bone, action, ss blades and a kool etch.
View attachment 1560867
A peaceful and great Mother’s Day to all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think that Schrade series and (I believe) Schrade-made Parker Frosts are some of the best value traditional knives out there. Rivalling the black box winchesters for quality.

I had intended to carry this 1980 ten-dot 6318 HE today as I had forgotten I owned it. However, after oiling the blades and working them remembered that the Pen blade is a thumbnail buster, sometimes easy, but sometimes nearly impossible to open. So I wiped it down and put it back away and pulled out a cousin that hasn't been carried in a while either, a 1981 nine-dot 6318 HP (both knives are constructed of CV steel). OH
Case_6318_HE_-_1980_(2).jpg

Case_6318_CV_Nine-dot_1981.jpg

Back