What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I think that Schrade series and (I believe) Schrade-made Parker Frosts are some of the best value traditional knives out there. Rivalling the black box winchesters for quality.
Total agreement, as I do have both. Another series that’s caught my attention lately are the 2004-7 SWA***Y Camillus made Schrades. Very, very well put together.

Spent the day doing a few chores and visiting my Mom.
Had my Albers Single Jack in my pocket... Such a beautiful knife.

One of the chores was to wash my Jeep, inside and out.
The Jeep is my baby, but I keep thinking about selling it, I'm really torn on the subject.
I don't need to sell it, but it's 5 years old and only has 15,000 miles on it... I just don't drive it that much.

The Jeep is my baby, but I keep thinking about selling it, I'm really torn on the subject.
I don't need to sell it, but it's 5 years old and only has 15,000 miles on it... I just don't drive it that much.

I'd keep it John. It's not burdened with all the electrical gadgets they're putting on them now a days. Some manufactures are putting digital instrument panels and the like on their supposedly off road vehicles which can go out in a flash on heavy duty rock crawling etc. and for my neck of the woods are susceptible to water and mud.

I'd keep it John. It's not burdened with all the electrical gadgets they're putting on them now a days. Some manufactures are putting digital instrument panels and the like on their supposedly off road vehicles which can go out in a flash on heavy duty rock crawling etc. and for my neck of the woods are susceptible to water and mud.
I think about keeping it... but then I think about throwing an extra 50 Grand into my pocket... and then I think about keeping it... and round and round i go. 🤪

That would be a tough one to get rid of!
It looks like you have it set up just right unlike a lot of the mall-crawlers I’ve seen with big rims and low profile “off-road” tires.

Also my Sunday afternoon Case xx Bose Swayback, Copperlock and Copperhead Sycamore wood table top carry )
ed6LGXj.jpg
Very nice trio of wood handled knives. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Now I'm gonna mosey on over to the 'Trifecta of Traditional' thread, this pic belongs there too. Nice pic of some handsome knives.

Beautiful knife amd Jeep !! 👍🏻

More "old" multi quotes today.

Thanks, Jack. :)

Couple of compelling Catts, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That chestnut bone SBJr is admirable :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (but fresh snow is not)!

Belated congrats on the great-grandchild! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Really handsome knife, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Just when people like @r8shell have almost convinced me that a bareheaded ebony jack is the epitome of culture, you post yours with an endcap and I think, "Wait a minute ..." :rolleyes:

That "glitter gold burl" is really cool! :cool::cool:;)

Such tasteful bolsters on that series, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats on the new slips, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Is that copperhead new, too? Really fantastic bone on that knife!!

Good-lookin' knife; a sheep/pen blade combo seems all-business to me! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is that one of those Hay'n Helpers?

Your AC is superb, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Captivating pair, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: How did your month with the Buck 110 work out for you?

Thanks, John; some of the horn handles can seem to have an inner glow that impresses me! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Man, that's gorgeous stag, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Is that a 73?

Thanks, Jack. :)
That WCLF in jigged bone is an unforgettable knife, and that's a great photo! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Jeff, I've read about your new technology for resizing your pics and how it has made your life easier. I don't know if that re-sizer or the new BF software is the reason, but I think the quality of your photos has also made a sudden quantum leap in quality and crispness! Couple of beauties you posted there! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your breakfast remark reminds me of an episode of the old Bob Newhart Show in which the dentist who has an office on the same floor as Bob's psychologist shop mentions that when he grew up in an orphanage, all they ever ate was thin, watery gruel, and Bob replied, "But who would want lumpy gruel??" :D

Good to see the stag HHB outside the vault, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your Chinese Queens are looking really good to me; I like that peanut with a spearpoint main blade! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT
Good-lookin' knife; a sheep/pen blade combo seems all-business to me! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is that one of those Hay'n Helpers?

Yes, Sir. A hay'n helper with an knifeswapper knifeswapper lanyard that i did a little customization on.....

5K Qs 5K Qs thanks Gary !

The month with the 110 went well. We had fun with the challenge. It's a big heavy knife but I got used to the weight in my pocket.
Awesome, glad you enjoyed it! My daughter gave me a 112 for my bday last year. Much bigger than any of my other folders, and quite hefty, but it didn’t take long to really enjoy carrying it every day. Did that for a couple straight months, then back for the last week or so. I was toying with the idea of adding a 110 to the collection, but that’s just another step larger, so I haven’t committed yet!

Back