What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I am really loving smooth bone lately. Happy Friday to all!

6VuN2sb.jpg

They are indeed simple! Good garden knives. Will be carrying the hawkbill version almost every day pretty soon to prune tomato plants.

Your pasture looks scary dry already!
You’re right, way too dry, way too early. We got somewhere below 50% of our normal rainfall and now it’s been hot and windy.

Sacto Sacto that sure looks like a happy dog (and great companion)! OH
Wonderful pair of knives. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Looks like one happy pooch. 🤠:thumbsup:

A solid worker, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:

Thank you, GT. :)

Yes, Dan is an artist. :cool:

A Wonderful Old Jack Knife. 🤠:thumbsup:
You’re correct, guys. Nothing makes the dogs happier than when they’re working. My other dog is a year old now, so I’m getting him started on the cattle, which is a lot of fun for both of us. 👍

WORLD FAMOUS ... YELLOW CASE XX SOD BUSTER JR ... Friday afternoon carry
On auction sites, I see boxes and lot groups of knives that the TSA and other government agencies have confiscated
If ever asked to surrender my pocket knife at a boarding screening area, I'd just have to just turn around and walk away
I'd make other plans regardless of my transportation agenda or circumstance
My mistake for not remembering to leave my knife at home ... I'd just turn around and take it back home ... or place in my vehicle
EVEN this yellow CASE Sod Buster Jr !!! NOT giving it up ... after all, it is indeed World Famous

OO6FPq2.jpg

lofpGWt.jpg

K'roo Klip by Willem O'KellyView attachment 1563938
I'm very envious of this one. One of these days I will have a Lanny's Clip and that K'roo appears to be nicely done.
BUT ... too often I see Lanny's Clip patterns that include that stupid PAWN SHIELD. That pawn shield looks like a sack of balls ... not getting one of those. No ma'am, Nope. Lots of nope in that shield.
Couldn't take it out of my pocket and look at it everyday without thinking ... sack of balls ... every dang time. Shoot

I'm very envious of this one. One of these days I will have a Lanny's Clip and that K'roo appears to be nicely done.
BUT ... too often I see Lanny's Clip patterns that include that stupid PAWN SHIELD. That pawn shield looks like a sack of balls ... not getting one of those. No ma'am, Nope. Lots of nope in that shield.
Couldn't take it out of my pocket and look at it everyday without thinking ... sack of balls ... every dang time. Shoot
Hahahaha...20210227_140131.jpg This one will make your bell ring then!

It really is luck of the draw I guess. No wobble and normal, minimal gaps on my CASE red bone medium jack. Aside from the visually displeasing (IMO) dye job, which I've since corrected to my satisfaction, the worst thing I can say about fit and finish is that the main blade is not PERFECTLY centered. While I really like the CASE medium jack pattern and hope they release other options, I'm happy with the two I have. The other being a "slick black" one.
The reason I'm bewildered, is I recently bought four Case knives and they've all been pretty poor. That's either some seriously bad luck, or they're having more problems than I thought they were. I don't want them to disappear. That would leave GEC and Bear & Son. GECs are practically unobtainable for me, and Bear doesn't have much that interests me. I would love to see more jacks being made. I'm delighted Case brought back the 6249, if only for this year. I would love to see the 6207get the pen blade back. I skin more pencils than squirrels, lol

Back