What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Grabbed these two handy Imperial BSA Scouts from the late 40s/early 50s today. :)
Two stunning Scouts JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Pocketing my Hartshead Barlow again today, and adding an Old Friend, gifted to me some years ago by meako meako :thumbsup:

ck4L83v.jpg

iT0mDet.jpg

I always enjoy seeing some well-loved red Alox. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thanks, John; one of my all-time favorite finds. :)

A different Pal Cut cattle knife than I carried yesterday, along with a 3-3/8'" Rough Rider whittler for the watch pocket.View attachment 1561834
Dynamic duo, Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Did you dye that little RR whittler? I like their amber jigged bone, but yours looks even better!

Hey Greg, was wondering about your thoughts on the RR Whittler, been looking at one, trying to make a decision. Is this one a split back?
Not a splitback, Todd. This model #375 is 2 springs with the main blade using both springs and no half stops, secondaries have half stops. I have two of 'em, another in black pearl handles and both are very tight and snappy. I've had 'em at least 4years I think, both are very well put together. I know at least one other person here on BF has one and has had the same experience as me. I'd say go for it. :thumbsup:
I'm someone else who likes that RR375 whittler; the spear main was the main draw for me, but I like the entire blade combo. I thought it might be a little small for my hand for long whittling sessions, but I realized most of my whittling is done in sessions of 20 minutes or less. I liked the knife so well that I bought an identical one to give away.

Two of the knives I enjoy seeing most from your collection Gary :) :thumbsup:

Lady Luck smiled on me this Random Tuesday, when I blind-picked the special Unicorn Ivory #25 gifted to me by my friend Barrett @btb01 :) Pairing it with my Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

s7iGzIX.jpg

4IbIGVU.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :)
Terrific Tuesday brace of Barlows for you! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A couple of Dog Leg knives for Twosday...
Notable pair, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Good twosome for "compare and contrast". ;)

Well, this dropped in on Mom’s day... clean as a whistle, snappy as a turtle and I’m not waiting for BFday. Robeson 3”1/4 model 122415 made between 1910-21 in black composite. Feels like bake-lite in hand.
View attachment 1561938
A great Tuesday to all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Congrats on the ravishing Robeson, Gus! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Todd. :)

As GT would say... A Lambsfoot and a Lambscliffe. ;):thumbsup:
I only say that because I've heard it from others here first. ;):cool::cool:
But Case does make some Wharncliffe blades that are very lamb-like (including a copperhead that Todd posted in a Case thread recently).

Buck 501 Squire, Buckeye Burlwood, from the custom shop. Breaking it in this week.

View attachment 1562078
View attachment 1562077
Superb 501!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Another quality quartet, Gary. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I had forgotten about your GSA knife; it is such a classic and sooo green. :thumbsup::D
Only worry if you start living decades in the past!

Thanks much! It would be a lot better if the micarta was in Seafoam Green like your Girl Scout Knife...
Thanks for the comments, guys. :)
I've not seen many Girl Scout knives that have the color and jigging of the one I'm carrying; I wonder if mine is an "official" Girl Scout model.
Jeff, I seem to be living farther in the past with each new day, but that's probably because the present is moving faster and faster! :rolleyes:

I'm carrying my Ancient TC Barlow 2.0 today.

View attachment 1562139
Great to see that one again, Dean; admirable handle texture and color! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That's is so way-cool-a-go-go... I've not seen a spear main stockman. 🤠:thumbsup:

Lovely Canoe as well. 🤠:thumbsup:
Thanks, as always, for your encouraging remarks, John. :)

Same knife, different day
h9qGcqo.jpg
Same dog, too! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's an interesting and unusual knife Gary, and a nice photo :thumbsup:

Got a large Rosewood Lambsfoot and a #66 Stockman with me today :thumbsup:

AWzrYUo.jpg

YTZaSSI.jpg
Love the large lambsfoot and the crimson Calf Roper! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, well done on all that multi-quoting buddy! ;) :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack; it isn't easy with the BF upgrade, but I'm gradually learning ways to do things that I used to do. :thumbsup:;)
Haven't yet learned a way to Search in the ways I used most frequently with the old BF software. :(:mad::thumbsdown:

Thanks Gary! That’s a mini copperlock, and a half whittler in Jungle Green Camo, both are very well made. Here’s a little better photo of the whittler. 😊
Todd
View attachment 1562449
Thanks for the info, Todd, and for the bonus pic of that attractive half whittler! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

thanks GT! Yes, patience is the word of the day (or two months!). I’m not much of a TV watcher, but I have caught up on my old Burt Reynolds movies. Although I can’t find cannonball run 1 or hooper to stream. Today will prolly be Big Red One. Some reading, trying to get my surface pro to a useable state (not sure that’s gonna happen!). And I cleaned and oiled all my knives one day. Hah! Thanks for the prayers man.

still keeping good company though....
View attachment 1562451
Sounds pretty good to me, but I'm sure it's different when all that fun stuff is mandatory because you don't have many options. ;)

Arriving just in time for Wooden Wednesday...
I received a couple of wonderful bowls from Dan @CelloDan
Not only is Dan a very talented wood turner, he's also very generous.

Thank you, my friend. :)

This bowl made of Walnut and is absolutely gorgeous, the knife is handled in Maple...
Congrats on the beautiful bowl, John, and kudos to Dan for his talent and generosity! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Carrying these two jewels today, I highly doubt they’ll be assigned any real work today!👍View attachment 1562458
Resplendent couple of wood Euro-Barlows, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Wooden Wednesday
4ibV1wJ.jpg
Notable, venerable, ligneous, and dark; what an outstanding pair! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

I'm someone else who likes that RR375 whittler; the spear main was the main draw for me, but I like the entire blade combo. I thought it might be a little small for my hand for long whittling sessions, but I realized most of my whittling is done in sessions of 20 minutes or less. I liked the knife so well that I bought an identical one to give away.

Thanks for the info, Todd, and for the bonus pic of that attractive half whittler! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Resplendent couple of wood Euro-Barlows, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT
Thanks Gary! I just got my RR375 yesterday, and I like it a lot also, so much so I think I’m going to order another as well!😄
Thanks for the kind words on my Half Whittler and Barlows.😉👍

Terrific Tuesday brace of Barlows for you! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love the large lambsfoot and the crimson Calf Roper! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack; it isn't easy with the BF upgrade, but I'm gradually learning ways to do things that I used to do. :thumbsup:;)
Haven't yet learned a way to Search in the ways I used most frequently with the old BF software. :(:mad::thumbsdown:
Thanks a lot Gary, hopefully we'll get there eventually :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Just got my new little RR whittler, so I decided to do some whittling!😉👍
View attachment 1563518
Nice pic, Todd. :thumbsup: Whats your impressions on the little whittler so far?
Dynamic duo, Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Did you dye that little RR whittler? I like their amber jigged bone, but yours looks even better!
Thanks, Gary. Yep I dyed it, was amber bone originally and I used a mix of red & brown RIT on it. I also liked them enough to get a couple extras to pass on. I've kept the dyed one plus this pearl version. All 4 that I've had have been quite snappy and tight fitted. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1563701

Notable, venerable, ligneous, and dark; what an outstanding pair! :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, Gary. The Schmachtenberg has really caught my fancy for some reason. The rounded bolsters and swell end shape make for a very comfortable pocket/worry stone. Today I'm pairing it with my Beer & Sausage. I'm hoping the B & S gets a chance to build some patina this weekend.
b6tHTWL.jpg

KtigiTg.jpg

Nice pic, Todd. :thumbsup: Whats your impressions on the little whittler so far?
It’s nice, it does have some gaps along the back spring, but everything is tight and snappy! I really like the sunken joints. It feels really nice in the hand, open and closed.👍

We must of been typing at the same time. Glad ya like it Todd. :thumbsup:
😂
TGIF... Can't wait for the weekend. :)
I agree with Jack, can’t get much better than those two. The TC is developing a nice patina.👍

Back