What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I'm afraid I've become quite boring. I like my BladeForums Viper so much that I carry it nearly every day, at home. Usually a multi-blade when I go out, but around the house this little Viper does everything very well.

yasmh0n.jpg

I’m at scout camp with my boy again this weekend.

kV8Mfmf.jpg

We were checking out the teepee, which got refurbed this last year. I was telling him how I used to camp here as a Cub Scout, and at the end of camp we’d wait by the teepee for our parents to come claim us.

asZHRDL.jpg

I said that they must have changed it up since then because it used to sit on a grassy hill. I remember that some boys planted pine saplings up there one summer as a service project. Then I thought about it for a minute and realized I’m getting old. :eek:

I’ve been carrying around this Case trapper that I can’t seem to kick out of my pocket.

4Gaak7c.jpg

Exquisite showings, by the by... and as it were!!
Cheers
Thank you very much, Gus!🙂👍
You're a punny guy. 🤪
My wife pretty much just rolls her eyes now!😂👍
Perfect pairing. 🤠:thumbsup:
Thank you my friend!🤠👍
In other news my daughter delivered my 7th grandchild, a healthy boy and I'm feeling blessed and on top of the world today. :)
Big congratulations! Sounds like a full house for Hollidays!!🙂👍
I think you’ll like that Bullnose. Unless you already have one, then you already know!
Very first one, and I really do like it!😎👍
Should we get some of the boys together and bust you out of the vampire’s lair?
🤣👍
Thanks, Jeff!! I'll probably eat lots of garlic next round, that aught to keep them back some!
Stan Shaw made me up this Stockman from old parts, and put horn covers on, instead of wood.

C5BRGVs.jpg
Bet that one is right up there in your most treasured!! A real beauty, Jack!! The others aren't no slouches either!😎👍
You are doing a storming job with those multi-quotes Dennis :) Hope you're doing OK there, I like your new Sodbuster, goes great with the Lamb :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you kindly, Jack! I reall like carrying the two, great flexibility between just two blades!😉👍
so I'm struggling adjusting to retirement. :eek:
You'll get your groove Gary!! I was afraid me and my wife would be tripping over each other, but we do great together, and enjoy camping and sightseeing whenever we can.
Congratulations on being retired!🙂👍
First-rate couple of wood-handled knives, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Gary!🙂👌
I carry today this GEC 83 in Natural Stag.

A real first rate photo, José!😉👍
Happy Saturday Everybody
Driving down to to the Bay Area to help my son pack up, moving home for the Summer.
Very nice combination John! 😮🤠👍 Sure makes a feller jealous!!😉👌 be safe on the roads...they be crazy out there!
JohnDF JohnDF
Awesome pic pal!! Enjoy the trip and company:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1581249
A great Stagurday to all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
A very fine example at that, Gus!🙂👍
It’s the Jack again for me today. Cutting up some food for the box turtles.View attachment 1581257 They come like dogs when they see me with tomatoes or bananas. 😊View attachment 1581259
That is awsome, Todd! Great looking knife, and a cool little buddy!😉👍
back up...
FED3F2BE-2AB1-4C64-B0AF-10DF9FB3DAF4.jpeg
We are having a great time.
That's an all around perfect foto! Knives + guitars!😮👍 I had an electric Ovation many years ago, a Viper, a great guitar, but I sold it before going to Germany. Just like knives, you regret getting rid of them later down the road!

Sounds like a great time for you guys! 🙂👍
I tried to go summer-practical today, but the main blade is impracticably short. It's a good thing it's all stainless and plastic, because I made a bit of a mess of it with some donut frosting.
3Nxw1TI.jpg
Looks like it held up fine, Jer! 😄👍 I didn't know Buck made such an animal. 👌
Time for some “schmancy”
View attachment 1581521
A great rest of the day to all... lockdown Defcon 5 has ended here and the streets are teaming with peeps’. I’ll be catching’ rayz and hangin’ just the way I like it, with bar staff on patios with bottomless bevies in hand.... cheers🥳:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Plenty "schmancy" for sure!!😄👍Hope you have a great time!
Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Case mini copperhead:
View attachment 1581775

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Colt stag muskrat:
View attachment 1581776

Lambsfoot of the Week is Black Jack, a Jack Black 2018 ebony Guardians Lambsfoot SFO:
View attachment 1581779

- GT
Next one better than the last! Great Tres Amigos, Gary!!😊👌
A classic
Not that you're partial or anything?!😁👍

The Bull Nose again for the weekend!
ZK6ngPy.jpg

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Thank you, Jack. You had a lot of information and good looking knives in your post. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Dean :) :thumbsup:
My interest was peaked when I saw Jack Black Jack Black 's cool posting on the IXL-Schrade, so I dug out mine, adding an early Camillus BSA Scout. :)
A fantastic pairing JJ, and very appropriate, considering Camillus made the parts for the big Lockback :) :thumbsup:

lDvkRbS.jpg

Versatile duo for you, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:
I'm carrying my I*XL Barlow for Old Friends Friday.

View attachment 1580849
Nice choice Dean :) :thumbsup:
You're definitely all set, Jack! Have a great time!:)👍👍
Thanks a lot JJ, I had a great day, and all my knives got lots of use :) :thumbsup:
We have it on good authority that all kinds of mayhem is caused by that infernal smooth ivory bone.
:rolleyes: :D ;) :thumbsup:
Happy Saturday Everybody
Driving down to to the Bay Area to help my son pack up, moving home for the Summer.
Not the BAY AREA??!! 🤬 Hope you made it OK John ;) :) :thumbsup:
It’s the Jack again for me today. Cutting up some food for the box turtles.View attachment 1581257 They come like dogs when they see me with tomatoes or bananas. 😊View attachment 1581259
That feller looks MEAN! :D :thumbsup:

K8wsO7l.jpg

I grabbed these two Schrades today, the big fella is an early GEC made beast. :)
Two classic beauties JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:
These are old photos but it is what I am carrying today . Such a nice carry for me . Pinchable , fits the hands , can get it dirty , sharpens well , and it is a Lambfoot .

Harry
PERFECT Harry :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Case mini copperhead:
View attachment 1581775

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Colt stag muskrat:
View attachment 1581776

Lambsfoot of the Week is Black Jack, a Jack Black 2018 ebony Guardians Lambsfoot SFO:
View attachment 1581779

- GT
Titanic trio Gary :) :thumbsup:
Wagon Train today on our main street. Great time with friends and family. This is what I have been carrying. Can't go wrong with this pair!
vmLxILz.jpg
Those two look great Taylor :) :thumbsup:
I’m at scout camp with my boy again this weekend.

kV8Mfmf.jpg

We were checking out the teepee, which got refurbed this last year. I was telling him how I used to camp here as a Cub Scout, and at the end of camp we’d wait by the teepee for our parents to come claim us.

asZHRDL.jpg

I said that they must have changed it up since then because it used to sit on a grassy hill. I remember that some boys planted pine saplings up there one summer as a service project. Then I thought about it for a minute and realized I’m getting old. :eek:

I’ve been carrying around this Case trapper that I can’t seem to kick out of my pocket.

4Gaak7c.jpg
Sounds like a fantastic weekend my friend :) :thumbsup:
Bet that one is right up there in your most treasured!! A real beauty, Jack!! The others aren't no slouches either!😎👍

Thank you kindly, Jack! I really like carrying the two, great flexibility between just two blades!😉👍

The Bull Nose again for the weekend!
ZK6ngPy.jpg

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Definitely Dennis :) Thank you for the kind words my friend :) :thumbsup:

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :) I had a great hike yesterday, but I'm definitely feeling my age today! :D :thumbsup:

uINDSBL.jpg

U7N542g.jpg

Looks like it held up fine, Jer! 😄👍 I didn't know Buck made such an animal.
Yup, It'll live. The Swissbuck was made by Wenger, and didn't last long. I may not have been the only person wondering who would buy a SAK if they wanted a Buck, and who would buy a Buck if they wanted a SAK. It's my smallest knife with a saw (about 3.25" closed).
c9j1rIR.jpg

Last edited:
Back