What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Happy Father's Day to all the dads :) I had to go into town to get an eye-test, and am only just getting caught up now, but I've had one of my Sambar and Damascus Lambsfoot SFOs with me - a SamDamLamb! ;) :D :thumbsup:
Great pic, Jack! Just saw my optometrist last week and everything checked out OK. Hope the same for you!
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
My youngest son and his family just visited and brought me a few Dad's Day gifts!
I'll be relaxing with a new book and a bottle of Wild Turkey Honey sometime today! And, I'll have my mouse near by!
eqz3Pj0.jpg

The little guy got in over it’s head and I needed to bring in some reinforcements. 😊View attachment 1586106
Haha! Maybe it's more suited to cheese sampling?
I see life on the old Rosemary bush. See? I told you it would come back! And the old Boker is looking fine as ever.
Thanks. I'm afraid that's an older pic from last year, and the rosemary is a goner. On the other hand, I just noticed a green frond peeking up out of the "dead" sago palm...
Another fine pairing Rachel
Thanks, Jack. I hope you're having a pleasant Sunday.

Great pic, Jack! Just saw my optometrist last week and everything checked out OK. Hope the same for you!
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
My youngest son and his family just visited and brought me a few Dad's Day gifts!
I'll be relaxing with a new book and a bottle of Wild Turkey Honey sometime today! And, I'll have my mouse near by!
eqz3Pj0.jpg
Thank Gary, everything checked out OK, and I have the same prescription I've had for several years now. I lost my reading glasses, and need a new pair, but I'm not paying £300 at that place when I can get a pair for a fraction of that from another firm across the road :rolleyes: Glad you were able to have a Father's Day visit my friend, it's nice to see the Mouse on your desk my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. I hope you're having a pleasant Sunday.
Better since I got back home thanks Rachel ;) Hope you're having a good one yourself :) :thumbsup:

Mom’s with my sister for the rest of the day as candles have been lit and visitations are over. Having had our hearty lunch-breakfast in honour of a man and a 1/2….
I’m… well… Un-chained!!
To the present…
In the hot-tub a couple of Towns over with one of my oldest pals (met at 4 yrs.) More bud’s joinin’ later on for dinner and the good ‘ole Hockey game. In a group of five that basically have been hangin’ since forever… we’re either Montreal, or Boston fans… YES in Toronto LOL, and carrying this for the rest of the day.
12271420-5240-49D5-BBB3-42D6B35F28E8.jpeg
Sure hope everyone’s day is as sweet as mine 🤘 :cool:🤘

I was thinking of you this morning Jeff. Excellent selection to carry today. I'm a little curious. Just what kind of sheath are you going to have made to carry the pole saw? 😲

Aw, thanks much, Ed.
I am happy right now. My wife’s parents and my parents, even though all well into their 80’s, were able to spend the day with us. I got to video chat with son #2 and his family twice, and my late son’s daughters, 9,14, and 15 are here for almost two weeks. Of course we have reminders of him all over the house, but these are his living legacy. And they are smart, beautiful (biased), and just a joy to have hanging around. So I am a lucky guy indeed.

Happy Father’s Day to you my friend!

For the pole saw, it’s easier to use the trailer behind my Cub Cadet, since I need to use that to haul thr prunings to the burn pile.

Last edited:
Nice trip and photos - was the samsquatch made of ash from the eruption?
That sure would be cool if it was.
My dad was stationed at FT Lewis when it erupted and was on cleanup duty.

He said on his way back home loads people at the airport were trying to sell little jars of it for $20, of course having been on cleanup duty he had multiple bags full. Probably $1000 worth if he was selling it like they were.

Apparently when he got back home his dumb older brother demanded that he give it to him for his bonsai trees, my dad gave him a couple bags of cigarette ashes instead and every one of the bonsais died 😂😂

Back