What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

PZz7l0I.jpg

Thank you gents. Yes, I cut the blade yesterday with a Dremel tool and shaped the curve with hand files. I also cut a nail nick in the pile side of the blade. I am pleased with my Sheepfoot blade shape but only tolerant of my nail nick. The nail nick proved to be the hardest part to figure out with limited tools (dremel and files). I did blue it with gun blue this morning (the interior of the nick) so it looks better. I think I can work the shape a bit more to get it even on both sides. I’ll take a photo and post it here later. My first significant blade mod - thanks for the support. OH

Case_3207_CV_Trapper_Jack.jpg
That looks great and makes for a handier knife. I’ve never tried to do a nail nick, but I’ve only ever heard they’re tough.

I'm being tortured by the pictures of the GEC Remington...it's currently not in my budget. Hopefully there will be some still around in a month or two. In the meantime, I have to settle for another 73.
hEhMDHD.jpg
That's not too shabby my friend :) :thumbsup:
I carried a forum knife today.

YX07B7m.jpg
Great pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Another week almost up, and I'm carrying my Bagpipe Ebony Lambsfoot SFO, and an Old Friend ;) :thumbsup:

4t3494D.jpg

sMHcFdx.jpg

Alox Knife of the Week is an red old cross Pioneer. (My rotation schedule actually has a "blank" in the Alox slot for this week that I had hoped I would fill in with a new-to-me example by this time, but I'm still waiting for myself to commit to something appropriate. :rolleyes:)
red.OC.pioneer.Vopen.shoe.reedslake.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a black Spartan (thanks, Paul):
mark.open.creek1.aq.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Colonial electrician:
colonial.tl29.sharper.jpg

International Knife of the Week is a Cudeman I bought in Toledo, Spain:
cudeman.closed.mark.out.jpg

- GT

Alox Knife of the Week is an red old cross Pioneer. (My rotation schedule actually has a "blank" in the Alox slot for this week that I had hoped I would fill in with a new-to-me example by this time, but I'm still waiting for myself to commit to something appropriate. :rolleyes:)
View attachment 1637366

View attachment 1637368

View attachment 1637369

View attachment 1637370

- GT
A quality quartet Gary :) Nice pics too :thumbsup:

Pairing my Hartshead Barlow with the vintage Hammer Brand Scout @JJ Cahill gifted me recently :) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

8N11thL.jpg

lgW8snq.jpg
I admire the verdant vista behind your mesmerizing stag HHB, and the old scout is a treasure, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Going to give the mini trapper another carry today, along with a Cadet. I’d forgotten how much I like that mini trapper. Have a great day everyone! 😉👍View attachment 1636071
Splendid pair of knives (and slips, and beads), Todd, and a very cool photo! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Carrying this new to me Esnyx boys knife!View attachment 1636072
Congrats on acquiring that jewel of a knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Happy Wooden Wednesday Everybody... Half way through the week. 🤠:thumbsup:
Lovely lumber, John; your ebony WCLF is very distinguished! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

This pair today, just got the 83 and i like itView attachment 1636088
Congrats on the desirable 83, but I can't stop looking at the copperhead; you don't often see such superb stag on a Case knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Office day for me, still have my Case 6308 in my pocket, but so far the only cutting job has been handled by this GEC Office Knife that stays on my desk (Thank you Tim! - from a porch GAW several years ago). OH
Classy Office Knife, Bruce, and your Case whittler is kind of a chameleon - the bone color seems to change from one photo to the next! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1636139
Carrying my Bocote 83 on this MLB HOF Induction day
Striking striped 83! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Ted Simmons and I were both born and raised in Michigan, both were fans of the Tigers' Al Kaline, and both played high school baseball in MI in the mid to late 1960s, but he made it to the major leagues, and now the Hall of Fame, and I still have my HS baseball cap!😉🤓 Anyway, I was always a Simmons fan and was amazed to learn that he was on the baseball writers' HOF ballot for only a single year because he didn't even get 5% of the vote the first year he was eligible. I can't understand why he didn't get more respect for the awesome career he had - he was a hitting machine, even if his defense was only average.

Boker 7474 large stockman for wooden Weds...
Splendid wood Böker!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for noticing my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks again Gary, Alan Moore is nothing, if not offbeat! :D ;) :thumbsup:

You've been very complimentary about it over the years my friend, and it definitely deserves more pocket time :) That is very interesting about the Pallares knives, I'm sure they would look very similar to the Aitor Castor models. The first Pallares I have, I found on a market-stall, and the second was one of the knives my girlfriend brought me back from a trip to Madrid (I think), being the only carbon-steel knife she could find. I've never seen them on sale here, which is a shame :thumbsup:
I appreciate your comments, Jack. :) Thanks for mentioning "Castor" as the Aitor model whose name I couldn't think of; interesting to hear about the background of your Pallares knives. Is there an official name for the shape of the blade on the Pallares? I never see that blade shape included in (American) illustrations of blade shapes like spear, clip, sheepsfoot, pen, drop point, etc.

Thanks Gary and good eye :thumbsup:
Its a cemetery at St. Martin's Catholic church in Starkenburg, Missouri. Its a really pretty church and also the Lady of Sorrows shrine. I was out bimbling about. Unfortunately, I didn't take any good pics of it. I will correct this next time I'm out there. Its a fairly frequent ride of mine.

Being a motorcyclist I took pics of the bike...
View attachment 1636162

...and being a knife enthusiast I took pics of the knife...
View attachment 1636173

...but I didn't take any pics of the church View attachment 1636174🙄😬
Thanks for the confirmation of my cemetery guess, Mike, and for the extra info. :thumbsup::) I had planned to take some knife photos in a cemetery I walked by several times on my walks while on vacation, but never got around to it.

Thanks, GT... I think so too. :)

It is new. Found it on the Bay for a very good price too.
Thanks for confirming that the 1-blade Case trapper was a new knife for you. Congrats; it's a handsome devil! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Calf Roper and a Mustang

eIYA7Wo.jpg
Terrific timber on that twosome, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

More than pleasant pair, Rachel! I've really enjoyed seeing your ebony penknife (Esquire?) you've carried recently. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the kind words, GT

I find people’s different uses and preferences interesting also. A straight edge with a point works best for most of the things I do in a regular day. Cutting open bags of salt, cutting rope/twine, etc. I very much like spear blades and carry them frequently, but a sheepsfoot or wharncliffe are better for me. Of course there are some days the knife sits in my pocket and doesn’t get used at all. I guess any blade would work on those days. 😁
Can't argue with that logic! :thumbsup:🤓

Delrin Schrade today.

LM0QSiO.jpg
Superb vintage Schrade! :cool::thumbsup::cool: That must be an ancestor of the Schrade+ USA 93OT I have; the clip/sheepsfoot combo is really nice on a jack.

- GT

I admire the verdant vista behind your mesmerizing stag HHB, and the old scout is a treasure, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I appreciate your comments, Jack. :) Thanks for mentioning "Castor" as the Aitor model whose name I couldn't think of; interesting to hear about the background of your Pallares knives. Is there an official name for the shape of the blade on the Pallares? I never see that blade shape included in (American) illustrations of blade shapes like spear, clip, sheepsfoot, pen, drop point, etc.
Thank you very much my friend :) Before, I was gifted my Aitor Castor Pequena, I had never used a knife with that leaf-shaped blade. It looked very odd to me, but as you know, it punches above its weight. I dare say the blade has a Spanish name, but if I ever knew it, I'm afraid it's long forgotten! :D ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1637366

View attachment 1637368

View attachment 1637369

View attachment 1637370

- GT
Great looking knives Gary, that red old cross pioneer has such character. 😎👍
Splendid pair of knives (and slips, and beads), Todd, and a very cool photo! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT
Thanks Gary, finding and buying beads fills in the gaps between new knives and keeps the packages coming in the mail! 😄👍

Back