What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Alox Knife of the Week is an red old cross Pioneer. (My rotation schedule actually has a "blank" in the Alox slot for this week that I had hoped I would fill in with a new-to-me example by this time, but I'm still waiting for myself to commit to something appropriate. :rolleyes:)
View attachment 1637366

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a black Spartan (thanks, Paul):
View attachment 1637368

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Colonial electrician:
View attachment 1637369

International Knife of the Week is a Cudeman I bought in Toledo, Spain:
View attachment 1637370

- GT

Love the character on the old cross Pioneer !

Alox Knife of the Week is an red old cross Pioneer. (My rotation schedule actually has a "blank" in the Alox slot for this week that I had hoped I would fill in with a new-to-me example by this time, but I'm still waiting for myself to commit to something appropriate. :rolleyes:)
View attachment 1637366

View attachment 1637368

View attachment 1637369

View attachment 1637370

- GT
The Mad Professor’s Mathematical Knife Rotation Algorithm served up a winning quartet this week.
I realize the photo of the black Spartan is not a new photo, but it is a harbinger of things to come.
And our axis has rolled enough that even as late as 7:30 am I’m not getting direct sunlight for a photo :(

Last rabies shot! No more hospital till December, God willin' and the crik don't rise.
O8yHhPH.jpg

A.W. Wadsworth and Son replacing the Irish Imperial.

This wasn't posted here, but I had technical difficulties trying to comment on it last night.
That is a quality picture right there... Knives, Beer, BBQ Brats, all the makings of a perfect evening. 🤠 :thumbsup:
It's just fun to go fishing... Catching is a bonus.
I agree with you and Todd, Dry flies are just way more fun and relaxing.
I will dredge a Wooly Bugger if I know the huge Browns are hiding or the Steelhead are running... but 95% dry flies for me.
I always like the Ancient Barlows... Like me, they look older than they are. ;)
There is no replacement for that one, GT. 🤠:thumbsup:
That Old Cross Alox is one of my favorites of yours.
your ebony WCLF is very distinguished!
Thank you, GT. :)
If they had gotten the blade cant correct, it might not ever leave my pocket.
Thanks for confirming that the 1-blade Case trapper was a new knife for you. Congrats; it's a handsome devil!
Thanks again, GT. :)
I spend way too much time looking for Case Single Blade Trappers on the Bay.
Taking a Waiter with me to a steam engine/tractor show today.
I always enjoy the old steam engines at the fairs. Hope you have an enjoyable day. :)

Great pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. Sometimes they come out okay. :)
Superb vintage Schrade! :cool::thumbsup::cool: That must be an ancestor of the Schrade+ USA 93OT I have; the clip/sheepsfoot combo is really nice on a jack.

- GT

Thanks, GT. Yes, same pattern, different scales. It sure is a handy combo!

View attachment 1637366

View attachment 1637368

View attachment 1637369

View attachment 1637370

- GT
Great lineup today. I really like that Alox.

It's just fun to go fishing... Catching is a bonus.
I agree with you and Todd, Dry flies are just way more fun and relaxing.
I will dredge a Wooly Bugger if I know the huge Browns are hiding or the Steelhead are running... but 95% dry flies for me.
I agree, I just like getting out and throwing some casts. If I catch something, even better!

View attachment 1637366

View attachment 1637368

View attachment 1637369

View attachment 1637370

- GT
That is a fine group GT. As has been noted by many, the cross Pioneer has a great weathered look. I'm sure it has many stories that could be told.
TGIF... It sure took it's time getting here!
Agree, and this was a shorter week with Labor Day. Not sad to see this week end.

Hope everyone one has a great Friday and a better weekend.

hH17l1P.jpg

Carpenter’s Whittler and Bullnose today.7EDD3EBE-60A3-42BB-8B03-30217BE39BFD.jpegThis hat has seen the ticks and chiggers of Ft. Leonard Wood, the mosquitos of Ft. McCoy, and the dust of the Hindu Kush. I like to wear it sometimes.
7C36CD3A-CE43-48F6-ABBB-384A01C4651F.jpeg
Thinking I may hit the river today. You guys talking about fishing...

Have a great day!

Hope you get you to put your feet up at the weekend my friend
It should be a good weekend.
Going to watch my son play with the Sac State Marching Band at the football game on Saturday.
Sunday, we are going to a Cornhole tournament. It's to benefit my best friend's memorial foundation.
Hope you have some fun activities planned for yourself too, my friend. Have a great weekend.
Not sad to see this week end.
Me too... counting the days until Spring Break. :D

Back