1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

What was your first Spyderco?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Carbonsteeljunkie, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    My first Spyderco was the Manix 2.

2. elkins45

elkins45

Jun 17, 2006
    My first was a G-10 Rookie with a blade made from ATS-55. I still have it and it's still a great knife. The only reason I don't carry it is because I usually carry left-handed these days....well, and because I love the PM2!

3. gine

gine

Sep 2, 2007
    The vg-10 police was the first, back in 2005.

4. FlaMtnBkr

FlaMtnBkr

Oct 20, 2004
    Pretty sure the first Spyderco knives weren't produced until the early 80s. So it may be around 30 years old but I don't think it is 40+ years. Just an FYI.

5. Jeremy Baker

Jeremy Baker

Sep 9, 2012
    mine was a resilience now i own the whole value folder line and my current carry is the manix2 light weight its blue i like blue lol and i really like spyderco's

6. akula83

akula83 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Wally World Native was my introduction, I think it cost me $39.00. in 2006.

7. Jim malone

Jim malone

May 25, 2007
    My first Spyderco was a first generation Endura with molded clip.
    A loooong time ago

8. drgnclwk

drgnclwk

Jul 21, 2006
    a SS kiwi from when it was still a lockback, too bad they discontinued those ones

9. blade4sell

blade4sell Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    MXL 2....what a tank...

10. Phi Sig

Phi Sig

Oct 15, 2006
    A delica was my first spyderco, unfortunately I lost it.

11. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    History

The first product Spyderco produced was the Portable Hand in 1976, this "spider-shaped device", which gave the company its name, was a series of angles, ball joints and alligator clips that helped people such as jewelers and hobbyists work with small parts. Spyderco's Founder, Sal Glesser, and his wife Gail, converted an old bread delivery truck into a motor-home and traveled to shows. As they became more successful, they graduated from the bread truck to a truck and trailer. They settled in Golden in November 1978. Spyderco began producing knife sharpeners in 1978, and produced their first folding knife, the C01 Worker, in 1981. This knife was the first to feature a round hole in the blade designed for fast, one-handed opening, which is now the company's trademark. Additionally, the company claims that this was the first knife to feature a pocket clip on the right side of the handle... Spyderco Wikipedia

12. Swoop03

Swoop03

Dec 1, 2012
    My first was a blue Tenacious, funny story too. I got it and thought it was too nice to use but then I got a PM2 a few weeks later and I've been using the crap out of it for about a year now. The Tenacious to this day has not cut anything haha. I had a cricket in there somewhere too but I traded it for a benchmade mini ritter griptilian. My next will be a waved delica me thinks.

13. Mossyhorn

Mossyhorn Enlightened Rogue Platinum Member

Dec 6, 2009
    My first Spyderco was an Endura Clipit with a fully serrated G2 blade. I had it for quite awhile and use it every day.

14. goodeyesniper

goodeyesniper

Aug 31, 2009
    [​IMG]

15. Phonetic Diabetic

Phonetic Diabetic

Mar 28, 2013
    I got an Ambitious a week or 2 ago, it is my first. Also got the Bug set around the same time.

16. Xineoaif

Xineoaif

Jan 5, 2011
    It started with the Bug, then Dragonfly 2 and a Military. And I am not going to stop there!

17. rsberry21

rsberry21

Feb 7, 2013
    paramilitary 2. black and satin . cpm s30v

18. lokko21

lokko21

Apr 9, 2013
    Serrated Endura, now is an addiction..

19. NateReed

NateReed

Jan 20, 2013
    A Delica 4 that I gave away, and then a Manix 2 lightweight

20. mnharris

mnharris

Jun 13, 2012
    Resilience. Awesome, huge blade for the price. I had some blade play issues after a few months, Spyderco put a new blade on it! Great knife! I'm saving up for a military or police. Love those big blades!