What was your first Spyderco?

I ordered my first Spydie back in 1992 or so, an FRN serrated Endura, out of those beautiful color catalogs that The Cutlery Shoppe used to send out. The knife was way too big for my hands and was gifted a couple of years later. Lots of drooling over those catalogs!

I bought a Spyerco Delica Clipit with the combo edge of the Snap On truck. Not the best choice of blades in hindsight, but it got me started.

If it counts the Byrd Cara Cara combo edge, otherwise my first real Spyderco was the Tenacious (all black).

The white FRN delica 4 sprint run back in 09 I think it was, that was when I first really started getting into knives too.

My first Spyderco was a Tenacious. I´m not that much the modern folder guy, but that knife has caught my eye quickly after it was released.

It was the plain-jane, black G10, satin blade Tenacious that gave me the spyder bite a year and a half ago.

It was a waved Endura. Still have it but wish I'd just gotten the standard Endura. Lessons learned though.

My first was a stainless steel Poliwog about 8 years ago. Unfortunately I didn't know what I was doing sharpening it over time and rounded the tip. :(

I really liked the unique look and ball bearing lock so I naturally wanted to get a Dodo, and jumped on the semi-recent orange handle sprint run. From there my trip down the spyder hole began; I then immediately picked up a Manix 2, a lefty Military, and a ZDP DragonFly2 (which is my current EDC).

Recently I've been looking hard to get a ParaMilitary2, but those almost seem as elusive as the Dodos.

My first Spyderco is my Native 5 and I love the thing, I cant wait to buy more and more, I just need to get the funds. I guess I've been bitten by the spider...

First Spyderco was a Tenacious a few years back. Loved the quality for the price point. Then I moved onto a few Delicas, Enduras, Salts, etc. But I fell in love when I got my first Spydie made in Golden, A BG-42 Military.

This one...

EDC1-19-132_zpse8be585a.jpg

1992-1993 Spyderco Endura (full serrated and semi-mirror polished blade). Still own it and it is sharper now than when it was new. It without a doubt, saved my life one night when I was in college.

Back