What was your first Spyderco?

My first one was a Pacific Salt 1 with black handle and PE

Bought about 10 different folders H1's after that and a lot of other Spydies... Last one two weeks ago a Police3. I know it has not ended...

Native that I got at Walmart and a Ladybug that I got at Cabelas i think, both about 8-10 years ago.

First was a Caly3 SuperBlue. That's all it took to hook me, had another Spyderco on order within the week.

Harpy, back in 2008. Just found it in a toolbox a few weeks ago and started carrying it again. Looking to trade up to a Dragonfly 2 in ZDP-189 (if anybody's selling!).

Tenacious was my first then I got a PM2 and the Tenacious doesn't see any pocket time.

Here's my resilience with my Ontario RAT-3 climbing mountains in the Smoky's:
img7258b.jpg

maybe it's just me, but isn't this clearly not a resilience? did you leave it in the dryer and it shrank?

Last edited:
Schemp Mini Persian, followed by Centofonte III, Tenacious, Byrd Cara Cara, Endura Green G10 then I can't remember the order, but I definately have the bug.

My first Spyderco was a Viele. I hated that knife, though it look cool. The Brown micarta was nice on one side but the clip side was flat and ugly. The worst two things were that the grip was straight and slick so there was nothing to stop your hand from contacting that extremely sharp blade during a draw cut or stabbing. Also, the knife tended to come open in my pocket. Ouch! I got rid of it for a green and black G10 Benchmade years ago. I still have the Benchmade.

I have other Spyderco knives (and just bought another one!) that I love, but that one was terrible.

Mine ws a Manix 2 I got in golden. They swapped the silver pocket clip for a black one. In my mind that was a semi custom.

A Delica was my first. Still have it and still use it. It is light, durable, very functional and nearly disappears in my pocket. It's still one of my favorite designs.

Back