What was your most recent knife purchase?

Damn!!! That is super sweet!!
:thumbsup:
Joe

Lon Humphrey Bowie. Out for a new sheath.
4XvdMUG.jpg

Benchmade 940-2 love this knife only wish it had a deep carry clip. Emailed benchmade waiting to se did they have one.

Got a Steel Will Cutjack on Wednesday along with the Vic alox Electrician SAK. I dropped by a knife store for a few hours of window shopping mostly.

Tracked down one of the original versions of the ZT 0392. Loving it.

Just "ending" my last spending spree. "Ending" as in the last batch are almost all here and the next batch is waiting to get ordered any day now. More of a lull or a quick break for a beer than a real end. :cool:

I'm currently waiting on the arrival of another Boker fixed blade. Am currently trying to ID it and hopefully find a sheath to fit. Price was too good to pass up. I also have a Puma folder coming, provided the USPS can get their act together. 2 days to go from NY to LA. Been in SoCal since Sept. 22 and they still haven't been able to manage an attempt at a delivery. :mad: WTH!?!
I also have a Balisong and a Piranha Virus coming in to my dad's back east..

Puma-IP-Armino-Ebony-Wood-pocket-knife-824110-002.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I have a Kershaw Launch 4 in blue on the way. Still not sure if autos are for me but I'm giving them a try now that they're legal here. And I'm trying to resist the new GEC Calf Pen in green micarta but will likely cave sometime over the weekend and order one.

NCC Knives Kiridashi

I wanted something subtle, with awesome cutting ability, and wanted something that would get a patina. Nothing huge, but unique, so why the heck not.

Today several knives arrived in the mail:
View media item 1906
  • War Eagle Blades Pocket Hunter-Caper
  • War Eagle Blades Pocket Skinner
  • A.G. Russell Woodswalker
  • A. G. Russell 3" Purple Handle Lockback
  • A. G. Russell Hunter Scalpel
My wife's paring knife is there for the purpose of scale.

We are in the process of finding a smaller, inexpensive locking or fixed blade knife for our six year old daughter. She's showing enough responsibility that she will be getting her first knife soon, to be used with close supervision until she shows she is ready for more.

After handling them all, both my daughter and I both liked the woodswalker. The purple lockback fit her hand well, and as far as she is concerned it is a smaller version of my wife's delica. :) The scalpel was a bit small for her, but I could see using it when I need something smaller. We'll do a bit of controlled testing over the next month or two to figure out which one will be hers. The rest will end up as backup knives that are stashed in gloveboxes or backpacks or given away as gifts... except maybe the woodswalker... it seems very capable and may end up in my pocket occasionally.

Enjoy

P.S.: all these knives were fairly sharp out of the box, but after a little bit of time on the sharpmaker, they are all arm shaving sharp. ;)
P.P.S: The sheath on the scalpel sounds gimmicky with the safety lock, but it seems capable and fairly solid.

I recently picked up small pukko fixed blade w/g-10 handles from Dee Kistner. Small, tough and the kydex sheath is tight. Fits discreetly in a back pocket.

I ordered the Spyderco Manix 2 in CTS-BD1 with translucent blue scales. Not a fancy steel but a good daily user and easy to sharpen. I also picked up the CBN rods for the Sharpmaker.

What was your most recent knife purchase?

150 Vintage pocket knives - 2 days ago :eek:

My most recent purchase was an Olamic (Wayfarer) 247. Sculpted purple scales with bronze hardware. Blade is acid etched & stonewashed. Nice knife, but I think the hype raised my expectations too high. I've carried it once; but didn't use it because I was leaning toward selling it. (I'm riding the fence on that now; so it sits)

Just "ending" my last spending spree. "Ending" as in the last batch are almost all here and the next batch is waiting to get ordered any day now. More of a lull or a quick break for a beer than a real end. :cool:

I'm currently waiting on the arrival of another Boker fixed blade. Am currently trying to ID it and hopefully find a sheath to fit. Price was too good to pass up. I also have a Puma folder coming, provided the USPS can get their act together. 2 days to go from NY to LA. Been in SoCal since Sept. 22 and they still haven't been able to manage an attempt at a delivery. :mad: WTH!?!
I also have a Balisong and a Piranha Virus coming in to my dad's back east..

Puma-IP-Armino-Ebony-Wood-pocket-knife-824110-002.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I like that PUMA folder. Nice lines; looks like a great EDC slip joint.

Back