What watch do you wear?

Maratac Field Watch.
M5x9rB.jpg

I wonder if Cristiano Ronaldo will come here and tell us about his watch lol. Some people just amaze me. Not that it is a bad watch by any means but i would get a better watch long before that.....
I love the diversity of this thread! From Casio to Omega. Look no further. I am by no means insinuating that I can afford such things. My watches are either used or otherwise great deals of some sort.

Just picked up a G-Shock GAS100BMC-1A Neo Tokyo, which combines my love of G-Shocks, blacked-out stuff, functionality (including excellent illumination that nails both the hands and the negative displays), and anime. :D

mf8ejNx.jpg

Pairs nicely with the Matriarch 2. :)

aYvc7Ts.jpg

A little over seven years ago, I posted I rotate between a 5 digit Rolex Submariner, GMT II, and Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon watch. Still wearing them today (the GMT II, Pepsi bezel) for the past week. All of these watches were bought new with the GMT being the most recent back in 2006. Don't care for the revamped clown dials and oversized cases of the current generation.

Those are tritium tubes. Not lume paint. All Luminox watches use tritium for luminescence.

EDIT:

I just skimmed the lume thread you linked. It’s not worth the hassle if Luminox can’t replace them.

I wonder if Cristiano Ronaldo will come here and tell us about his watch lol. Some people just amaze me. Not that it is a bad watch by any means but i would get a better watch long before that.....
I love the diversity of this thread! From Casio to Omega. Look no further. I am by no means insinuating that I can afford such things. My watches are either used or otherwise great deals of some sort.
Agreed. Everyone here should be proud of their watches no matter the price point or make. I have my dad's 1960s Omega, a 2019 and my fatherfather-in-law's 1990s Breitling, two Timexes, and a Casio. They all get wrist time (though the new Breitling gets the lion's share).

Zieg

Vostok Amphibian 420 — Special Commemorative, Universiade 2013 Summer Games

Edit: I think I'll add a few notes. First, this Vostok commemorative came with a rare (for Vostok) high quality solid link bracelet. That's why it's still on the bracelet although IMO it would look better on leather. The bracelet buckle is typical stamped Russian crap and I'll eventually replace that. No need to worry about losing collector value.

2013Vostok-1.jpg
2013Vostok-2.jpg

It was the first Universiade with cultural as well as athletic events.

KazanU-1.jpg

Hosted by Kazan Federal University, one-time home of Professor Nikolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky (the greatest that ever got chalk on his coat).

KazanU-2.jpg

Edit: It's easy to forget how young most of you are. Nikolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky perfected Lobachevskian (hyperbolic) geometry and invented the Lobachevsky integral formula, and in 1953 he was the subject of a popular song.

Cristiano Ronaldo was there!

Edit: Of course this is a joke. The Universiades are Olympics for university students. Cristiano Ronaldo, like William Shakespeare, never darkened the doors of a university. He was and is ineligible to compete, and in 2013 he was too busy with the World Cup to have judged at the Universiade summer games.

Last edited:
Back