Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Just ordered a Case Copperlock, the big one. You don’t see to many reviews of them and they don’t seem to be too popular. Hopefully I won’t be disappointed!

Just ordered a Case Copperlock, the big one. You don’t see to many reviews of them and they don’t seem to be too popular. Hopefully I won’t be disappointed!

I have a smaller one and I think it's a great knife. I don't use it often but I like it enough to want to keep it.

^
That’s the thing, I see tons of reviews on the small one, but not many on the large. There’s also about three times the variety of the smaller one and the current large model doesn’t come in CV :(

I have two mini's and don't carry them only because of having so many others. But if I was limited to my stag mini copperlock I'd be thrilled.

Well... It looks like I'll be waiting for a Trapper Wharncliffe for a bit longer. :(

I used a promo code (now expired of course) to purchase that Case Damascus Trapper, which brought the price down from $140 to $110 shipped! Unfortunately, the seller shipped it to some random address in California. I live in Washington. And since they physically printed off the shipping label themselves there's no recourse through the USPS. I'm just not ready to spend $140 - $150 for one right now, so the wait continues! Who knows, maybe a Case Sway Back Jack CV will pop up on the exchange instead.

On a much brighter note... The other two knives I purchased both came in!

2017 BladeForums #15 TC Barlow
C1QztyI.jpg

Boker Beer Barrel Copperhead
ssNLSXk.jpg

I'm VERY much in love with both of them.

Böker Germany do a decent carbon knife, have a look at their Whittler if you get the chance.

While dreaming about the CASE/Bose Collab Eureka, don't forget that GEC made one well before them, actually I prefer their version even though it's just carbon.

uV6MR2z.jpg

I've been checking these out a lot since you posted this (as well as several other GEC knives)... They're gorgeous. GEC sure puts out a lot of knives worthy of lusting over!

Other than a oak and 5160 Buck 110 (does a lockback knife even count?) and a pre-order for the 2018 forum knife, these two are actually my very first traditional knives I've had in twenty years! Since I'm just getting my feet wet, I'm trying to limit myself to just one knife from every manufacturer that interests me on the Traditional side and one knife of each steel that interests me on the modern side.

^
That’s the thing, I see tons of reviews on the small one, but not many on the large. There’s also about three times the variety of the smaller one and the current large model doesn’t come in CV :(

I think it's a question of proportions, the Mini carries it off better in my experience. The larger one is a long knife but very thin, some may find this an advantage but it doesn't work so well for me in the hand, not that comfortable. I never use my larger version, has nome interesting 'Rattlesnake' bone though, kind of scratted.

Some years ago, there was a large version in Yellow Delrin cv and with a Wharncliffe :cool:

Very nice Harry, but "enabler" goes both ways my friend;) What a great find, I look forward to your thoughts once it's in hand:thumbsup:
Thank you very much Paul . I agree , I think there is a little Enabler in all of us . I just now noticed that the curve of the handle on the Sheepfoot is a Reverse Curve and the Spey bladed one is a Regular Curve .
I expect that it is going to feel much like my old 2 bladed Taylors Eye Witness which has the same blade combination and is Reverse Curved . There is more to the story that I will E-Mail you with .

Harry

Last edited:
Back