Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

My fiance informed me that "forum knives" shouldn't count against my "only one traditional knife from each manufacturer" rule since they are "special."

Not going to argue with that! So I promptly purchased a GEC #15 Huckleberry Boy's Knife in gabon ebony with a spear point, from a fellow member here. I also ordered another Case Trapper Mini in Damascus. :D

2gnIw7D.jpg

My fiance informed me that "forum knives" shouldn't count against my "only one traditional knife from each manufacturer" rule since they are "special."

Not going to argue with that! So I promptly purchased a GEC #15 Huckleberry Boy's Knife in gabon ebony with a spear point, from a fellow member here. I also ordered another Case Trapper Mini in Damascus. :D

2gnIw7D.jpg
Nice! The 15 in ebony is an elegant little knife. Bummer you can only have one TA Davison then? :)

I agree and am a big fan of his work. He has been doing a lot with stabilized woods and burls and they look amazing. I am planning to put in my order for a custom TA Davison pretty soon but it is taking me a while to go through different, more affordable, knives before I figure out exactly what I want from him. I will only be able to buy one so I want to make sure it is the right one...my end-game holy grail if you will.

I finally landed a Pasi Hurtilla maasepänpuukko. Pasi has curtailed his knife making so when he offered these I secured one. He sent me a tracking number today. :D

2gnIw7D.jpg
Sounds like you got yourself an enabler (and a nice knife). :thumbsup:

Micarta feels soooo nice on a traditional. Nice pickup!
Thanks. I had a #56 in acrylic and ended up giving it away. I missed it, so I bought one in bone. I ended up selling that one. But I remember what a joy it is to carry, probably GEC's most pocket friendly model, and the micarta was just speaking to me this time. I hope this one sticks around.

Well, the Case Mini Trapper in damascus and chestnut bone came in today! I freaking LOVE it! Pics DO NOT do it justice whatsoever. I'll most definitely be keeping this in my collection and would recommend it to anyone who likes Trappers or traditional knives with wharncliffes.

gJP8uCm.jpg

Well, the Case Mini Trapper in damascus and chestnut bone came in today! I freaking LOVE it! Pics DO NOT do it justice whatsoever. I'll most definitely be keeping this in my collection and would recommend it to anyone who likes Trappers or traditional knives with wharncliffes.

gJP8uCm.jpg
Beauty! I love the wharncliffe trappers.

I just ordered my #44 with stag covers. The scales are a little thicker than I like, but they have a LOT of popcorny character!

cd1A7Bn.jpg

HnwWQcu.jpg
That is some very nice Popcorn . I have not seen many pictures yet but I know that it is much better than the one that I have coming and any others that I saw !!!!! Congrats on a fine choice Sir !!!

Harry

Back