Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

View attachment 1477677
Rough Rider half hawk on the way, used a Christmas gift card from my Dad :cool::thumbsup:
Cool gift :thumbsup:
Hopefully it doesn't have to go anywhere near Kansas City. KC has become the place where packages go to die. I've got 3 of them sitting there now. One for 5 days, one for 4 and one for 3. I normally think the USPS does a very good job, but Covid, Christmas, and long term problems in the USPS are creating the perfect storm at the moment.

When it rains... I wanted a jigged bone Case stockman, three spring 6347. I wanted CV steel, but the only one with that was the yeller delrin. I'm becoming way more accepting of TruSharp steel, so that doesn't bother me. I found and bought a jigged dark reddish bone for a decent price. Immediately after that, I found a new one in Case's "red bone", which is lighter than the dark red one I had coming.... it was about to "time out" with no bids on the big bay site, so I bid the minimum about 50 minutes before the end, knowing that someone would out bid me. I was wrong. So I got it at a really good price.

bottom line, now I have two of them on the way... :rolleyes: :D
edit:.... here are the pics from the auctions...
9hEICMp.jpg
NQwK0yF.jpg

Last edited:
Cool gift :thumbsup:
Hopefully it doesn't have to go anywhere near Kansas City. KC has become the place where packages go to die. I've got 3 of them sitting there now. One for 5 days, one for 4 and one for 3. I normally think the USPS does a very good job, but Covid, Christmas, and long term problems in the USPS are creating the perfect storm at the moment.
I don't believe it will go through Kansas City, but with the USPS there's no guarantee lol. Its shipping from Marion Va which oddly enough is about 50 minutes north of where my Dad lives. But it may come through Fayetteville NC before it comes to me. The last time I ordered directly from the big knife store in the smokey mountains the knife left Sevierville Tn at 4am and arrived in Fayetteville at 4 pm the same day. Then it sat in Fayetteville for four days:confused:,thats only an hour and half from me lol.

I don't believe it will go through Kansas City, but with the USPS there's no guarantee lol. Its shipping from Marion Va which oddly enough is about 50 minutes north of where my Dad lives. But it may come through Fayetteville NC before it comes to me. The last time I ordered directly from the big knife store in the smokey mountains the knife left Sevierville Tn at 4am and arrived in Fayetteville at 4 pm the same day. Then it sat in Fayetteville for four days:confused:,thats only an hour and half from me lol.
Yeah that's par for the course at the moment. The package that's been in KC for 4, no it will be 5 days tomorrow, made it half way across the country in 2 days. In the process it passed my house on its way to KC. I should have just stood along I-70 and had them pitch it out as they drive by View attachment 1477721
Good luck!

I broke down and bought a Case Select 6347 in blood red bone. It will be my first Case Select... I'm looking forward to getting it to see if the hype is accurate... :cool:

Looking forward to seeing that one! Do you know what year it is? I have what I believe to be an "official" list of the Select models from 1998 to 2013. (Wish I had the later years; if anyone has that info please let me know!) I see a Rogers Jigged Red Bone 6347 on the list for 1998 and a Winterbottom Jigged Brick Red Bone 6347 for 2013. I have a 2013 Wharncliffe mini trapper from the series and it is excellent, with nickel silver liners and pins.

36067557234_ac050c15a3_b.jpg

Looking forward to seeing that one! Do you know what year it is? I have what I believe to be an "official" list of the Select models from 1998 to 2013. (Wish I had the later years; if anyone has that info please let me know!) I see a Rogers Jigged Red Bone 6347 on the list for 1998 and a Winterbottom Jigged Brick Red Bone 6347 for 2013. I have a 2013 Wharncliffe mini trapper from the series and it is excellent, with nickel silver liners and pins.

36067557234_ac050c15a3_b.jpg

According to the Case tang stamp guide, this one is a 98-99 version. "Case Select" forms a circle, with the "XX" in the center. It looks just like this "stock" pic off the interweb. I have heard of "Rogers jigged" bone, but don't know enough about it to know if this is it, or not. Your trapper definitely looks like winterbottom jigging to me. Very nice knife... brick red bone? I like it.

yraBfDH.jpg

Thanks, Gary. :)
I've been on the fence about buying one, but the price was right, the seller sent me pictures and a video, and that made up my mind to finally try one out for myself. Never spent so much on one knife before...
If it doesn't fit your pocket, please let me know.

Back