Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Just picked up a Bulldog Congress in ram's horn. It looks just like Pete's...bunch of enablers around here LOL :D
Seriously, its a terrific looking knife and for some reason I didn't have a more traditional German Congress in my collection so now I will.

209ojo3.jpg

Just placed an order for one of these knives. It's an Ontario Cutlery made 'Bagwell' designed bowie knife. This particular model that I placed the order for, is the 'Plainsman'. I truly always wanted one of these Ontario/Bagwell collaborations, but snoozed and felt I missed the boat on getting a new specimen at a fair price (they are discontinued). But, got an email from a major online knife vendor that they had some of these knives, but truly just a small batch of them in a few models. I almost snoozed again, and when I took a peek this morning, they already are down to two models from the three they had yesterday... so I snoozed no more, and placed that order. The price paid was $174.95, and that includes s&h. Considering I have seen them go for $200+ on auctions since they've been discontinued, this price seems fair enough, (especially being new in box). Something about these very traditional looking knives that always caught my eye. Can't wait to get her and add her to my collection :)

Last edited:
Just placed an order for one of these knives. It's an Ontario Cutlery made 'Bagwell' designed bowie knife. This particular model that I placed the order for, is the 'Plainsman'.

Wow Jimmy! Since I've been concentrating on more fixed blade traditionals as of late, I find this one you have coming just beautiful! Looking forward to your impression when it arrives.

Wow Jimmy! Since I've been concentrating on more fixed blade traditionals as of late, I find this one you have coming just beautiful! Looking forward to your impression when it arrives.

Kind'a frustrated, Stan :-( The vendor I ordered it from just sent me the email yesterday while I was at work telling me of it's availability... I placed the order this morning... and it was listed as still in stock.... but then they called me hours later to say they had none left. The vendor I have been purchasing some european made knives from, is much better about this sort of thing, wasting no time to place "out of stock" on items, and really keeping on top of things. They will continue getting my business... but this one, I doubt it. I am big on customer service, it always being where I'd rather send my money to :)

Last edited:
I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a slightly-vintage Vic Pioneer. It's old enough to have the plain cross, unpolished tools, and brass liners, but the photos aren't sufficient to make out the tang stamps. So... it's SAK roulette... how old will it be? It looks to be in good to very good condition, so I'm a winner either way.

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a slightly-vintage Vic Pioneer. It's old enough to have the plain cross, unpolished tools, and brass liners, but the photos aren't sufficient to make out the tang stamps. So... it's SAK roulette... how old will it be? It looks to be in good to very good condition, so I'm a winner either way.

Please post a pic if you can...that is one of my favorite areas of collecting.

I ordered one of these from Darrel Ralph at the Blade Show (2013). TheView attachment 389220 handle will be Gold anodized, inlaid with Carbon fiber, and the blade will be S90V with a clip point.

About an hour after receiving my first GEC, I ordered two more:
GEC 2013 Northfield #85 Smooth Ivory Bone EZ Open Teardrop Linerlock
GEC 2013 Northfield #85 Antique Yellow Bone EZ Open Teardrop Linerlock

About an hour after receiving my first GEC, I ordered two more:
GEC 2013 Northfield #85 Smooth Ivory Bone EZ Open Teardrop Linerlock
GEC 2013 Northfield #85 Antique Yellow Bone EZ Open Teardrop Linerlock

Congrats on your first GEC.

I love the #85, especially the EO single blade version. Mine's in African Blackwood.

259C2733-ACEB-4A3F-BD7B-8952D3ABD659-38043-000015DD14BD6184_zpsee903515.jpg

Since I'm 6 days away from turning 48 yrs old... I went on a little onine shopping spree this morning. Nothing major, just some incoming basic additions for my collection.

A no name brand NIB (but made during 1970's) horn handled single blade knife w/bail from Italy.

A Case tiny trapper (Bermuda Pocket Worn).

A French Douk Douk.

A stag handled Falcon brand (Italian) lockback stiletto (not an automatic).

A French made horn handled anchor knife (very similar to the Otter Messer from Germany).

Since they are coming from 3 different vendors, I hopefully enjoy all three incoming packages (birthday presents to myself) :)

Back