Whatcha got on order ?

Thanks. My 4oz came in. I just got back from picking it up at HD.
Sadly you only tend to find the most common offerings available in most stores, the OSH we used to have carried a large selection of Vaughan hammers as well as their handles.

You should look into Gravik hammers, if it doesn't meat the finish standards of a Vaughan or Dasco branded tool they sell it for a fraction of the cost under their Grayvik line.
HJE has ridiculously low prices on them, great customer service and a commitment to American made tools.
$10 for a 3lb drilling hammer, $12 for 24oz milled face framer with a nice leather collar laced on, 32oz RIP claw framer for $15.
Just remember to buy multiple items due to shipping costs.

Last edited:
Sadly you only tend to find the most common offerings available in most stores, the OSH we used to have carried a large selection of Vaughan hammers as well as their handles.

You should look into Gravik hammers, if it doesn't meat the finish standards of a Vaughan or Dasco branded tool they sell it for a fraction of the cost under their Grayvik line.
HJE has ridiculously low priced on them, great customer service and a commitment to American made tools.
$10 for a 3lb drilling hammer, $12 for 24oz milled face farmers with a nice leather collar laced on, 32oz RIP claw framer for $15.
Just remember to buy multiple items due to shipping costs.

I had to order the Vaughan hammers online and wait a couple of weeks because nobody had them in stock. I looked at HJE a little bit earlier and bookmarked the website. I'll look them over some more later. Thanks for the heads-up. I love tools and companies that sell them.

I ordered my first set of knipex pliers wrenches,7",10". Also knipex diagonal cutters. I ordered a maxpedition pygmy falcon2. Oh yeah and some bubba kush and train wreck seeds for upcoming grow season!

El Paso Saddlery holster for my 1911 build.
2l92jMz.jpg

Two 1911's, one which was ordered last November and one which was ordered mid December. Received an email yesterday from the person I ordered both of them from for my approval on how my slide marking would look on the one. Took the opportunity to ask when both would be ready and it sounds like I should have both within the next two months. Considering the current availability of guns overall that aint bad considering. Too bad ammo is so difficult to find and so expensive. I have some but it's just so hard to get whatever I used replaced.

Two 1911's, one which was ordered last November and one which was ordered mid December. Received an email yesterday from the person I ordered both of them from for my approval on how my slide marking would look on the one. Took the opportunity to ask when both would be ready and it sounds like I should have both within the next two months. Considering the current availability of guns overall that aint bad considering. Too bad ammo is so difficult to find and so expensive. I have some but it's just so hard to get whatever I used replaced.
Sounds like time to get into airguns.
Keep yourself shooting in the comfort of your own backyard without having to worry about ammo availability.

Keep yourself shooting in the comfort of your own backyard without having to worry about ammo availability.

Why do that when there are plenty of Dry Fire devices that he can use with his nice 1911's?

Why do that when there are plenty of Dry Fire devices that he can use with his nice 1911's?
Because dry fire practice is not the same as actual marksmanship practice nor is it fun.
Obviously it has a particular practicality that is very beneficial, but pulling a trigger just so see a red dot appear or to get some data to an app on your phone is boring as hell.

With an airgun you can shoot at home and something will actually happen when you pull the trigger, whether a can goes flying a spinner or knockdown target reacts, or a pest animal is eliminated you get an actual result from pulling the trigger.

And while they're not my thing
springer's are a whole new ballgame , way more challenging to shoot than any smallbore firearm.

Because dry fire practice is not the same as actual marksmanship practice nor is it fun.
Obviously it has a particular practicality that is very beneficial, but pulling a trigger just so see a red dot appear or to get some data to an app on your phone is boring as hell.

With an airgun you can shoot at home and something will actually happen when you pull the trigger, whether a can goes flying a spinner or knockdown target reacts, or a pest animal is eliminated you get an actual result from pulling the trigger.

And while they're not my thing
springer's are a whole new ballgame , way more challenging to shoot than any smallbore firearm.

Well, I see no reason why we can't enjoy both.

Well, I see no reason why we can't enjoy both.

Having both is great , they're both different and have different advantages.

To clarify, I was talking about staying shooting when you can't get ammo or go to the range.
Dry fire practice is not shooting, but of course it is a good important tool for anyone with a carry gun.

I was also taking about airguns because I believe every shooter should enjoy them, theres just no reason not to.

No pellet shortage that I am aware of. Actually I do already have a few air guns and in fact I just purchased another one a month ago. So yes I would agree with you that air guns are a great alternative especially during these unusual times or actually always considering that is the only thing I could shoot in my backyard. I am fortunate I can at least do that.

Still wish the other ammo wasn't so hard to come by. I have enough for a good while but with no replacement I'm not so willing to shoot up everything I have so quickly.

Last edited:
Well the BlackBerry smoke album i preordered hasn't even dropped yet, and I just preordered Charley Crocketts latest album.
" Charley Crockett sings James Hand".
If I'm not mistaken the country singer James Hand is the man in the video for Charley's cover of the Tom T Hall classic Thats how I got to Memphis.

No pellet shortage that I am aware of. Actually I do already have a few air guns and in fact I just purchased another one a month ago. So yes I would agree with you that air guns are a great alternative especially during these unusual times or actually always considering that is the only thing I could shoot in my backyard. I am fortunate I can at least do that.

Still wish the other ammo wasn't so hard to come by. I have enough for a good while but with no replacement I'm not so willing to shoot up everything I have so quickly.

The ammo situation is so stupid. You can find it no problem if you want to pay $50-60 for a box of 50 pistol rounds. I’m not playing that game. Snap caps are a good thing to have and practice with but only complete part of the puzzle.

Maybe I ought to get that old benjamin sheridan blue streak from my dad’s and fix it up, if I can find the parts. The bolt handle broke off and I don’t expect to find one easily. It needs a pump rebuild kit too, which I think is available.

The ammo situation is so stupid. You can find it no problem if you want to pay $50-60 for a box of 50 pistol rounds. I’m not playing that game. Snap caps are a good thing to have and practice with but only complete part of the puzzle.

Maybe I ought to get that old benjamin sheridan blue streak from my dad’s and fix it up, if I can find the parts. The bolt handle broke off and I don’t expect to find one easily. It needs a pump rebuild kit too, which I think is available.
Is it a Racine made Sheridan, or a Crosman made Benjamin/Sheridan from the 90's+ ?
If it's an actual C series Sheridan made in Racine you'll need a special tool, if it's a Crosman made Benjamin/Sheridan C9 series it will have a cartridge valve that doesn't require a special tool.
My '79 is my most prized possession, a few years back I had the barrel soldered back on and had it drilled & Tapped for a William's 5dsh peep sight.
I couldn't be happier with it.

Just an fyi, Benjamin bought Sheridan in '77 but nothing changed and they only really became Benjamin/Sheridan guns after Crosman bought them and started to morph the guns together around '92.

Is it a Racine made Sheridan, or a Crosman made Benjamin/Sheridan from the 90's+ ?
If it's an actual C series Sheridan made in Racine you'll need a special tool, if it's a Crosman made Benjamin/Sheridan C9 series it will have a cartridge valve that doesn't require a special tool.
My '79 is my most prized possession, a few years back I had the barrel soldered back on and had it drilled & Tapped for a William's 5dsh peep sight.
I couldn't be happier with it.

Just an fyi, Benjamin bought Sheridan in '77 but nothing changed and they only really became Benjamin/Sheridan guns after Crosman bought them and started to morph the guns together around '92.

Im not sure which one it is, been years since I’ve even handled it. I’ll look for it next time I’m at my dad’s.

Im not sure which one it is, been years since I’ve even handled it. I’ll look for it next time I’m at my dad’s.
If it looks like mine then it's a Racine made Sheridan, if it has a butt plate and a beefed up forearm it's a Crosman made Benjamin/ Sheridan rifle
It will be a fine rifle by all accounts and have that easier to work on valve, but theres just something about the originals.

Well I just had to order my 3rd pair of fuse replacement lenses for my Revo heading sunglasses.
The current pair was in excellent shape till this morning, but I accidentally left them on the end table next to my recliner.
I woke up this morning and found that someone got a hold of them and left the right lense full of teeth marks :eek:
I wonder who could have done it ;)

Back