Whatcha got on order ?

My Tavor will be here today, I can pick it up at 7:22pm.

It's a left handed model, with a Manticore buttpad, trigger job, and a few other mods, including a very cool hydrodip.

Picked up a Sightmark ultra shot M-spec FMS reflex sight for it last night, as well as 200 rounds of 5.56.

Range day tomorrow!

Pics when I get it.

Besides knives what kind of gear do you have coming ?

I've got a Fisher stowaway pen and a 2 pack of Perma pic reusable pocket toothpicks coming.

I've been wanting a smaller pocker sized pen for a while and yesterday the opportunity upgrade presented itself.
My dad saw my chrome Cross Century and admired it remembering the one he had been gifted many years ago so I went ahead and gave it to him then placed my order for the Fisher stowaway I'd been interested in trying out.

The Perma pic is something I had a long time ago and forgot about till now, I haven't carried any of my Vic's in a few weeks and have realized carrying them just for the toothpick isn't always practical.
Instead of filling up the old toothpick holder with disposable wooden toothpicks went on the search for something reusable and rediscovered these.

That's what I've got coming, for myself anyways.
Where do I chat /ask questions?

Got my hats in today, and they're well made.
They feel the same on my head, but for some reason they're about 1/2" taller than my old ones and they just look a bit off.
I suppose I'll just have to get used to them.

If I used eBay to get some older ones, and nobody who carries the new US made ones lists the exact manufacturer so I could try a different make in hopes they use the older specs.
I guess I'm just stuck getting used to these or checking any surplus store I come across.
What button to chat?

I just got my leather jacket in today.

I had a feeling it was more than a couple years old, it has a manufacture date of 2/5/90.

Overall the fit is pretty good, but a bit too tight with the liner in.
I should have ordered one size up, but the way they listed the sizing didn't make that much sense to me.
I think I got more of a small when I should have ordered more of a medium size.
Luckily they are sized to accommodate the liner, so I can remove that and be just fine.

It has 2 inner beast pockets which I really like.
The overall build quality seems really good, and the zippers are nice sturdy American made Talon zippers.
Glad you finally got the jacket. I tend to order one size larger than what I need on jackets and coats. I like things like that a little loose. It also allows for another layer if needed. On my leather jackets, I have never used a liner. I would rather just add a layer. But winters here tend to be mild with short cold snaps. Plus I wouldn't generally order a leather jacket or coat online as I want to try it on before buying. Yes, you pay more generally.

Why does it take so long for Fedex to deliver where you are or is it their cheap service where the USPS makes the actual delivery?

Rural mail carriers service my area outside the actual city limits. Noticed in the last month that the postal service seems to be providing vans to their carriers versus in the past they had to provide their own transportation. This is because of all the packages being shipped now. Been wondering how the USPS was going to deal with this. My guess is that there has been a lot of complaining by the rural carriers with the swell in packages to be delivered. Don't think this is going to change.

Last edited:
Glad you finally got the jacket. I tend to order one size larger than what I need on jackets and coats. I like things like that a little loose. It also allows for another layer if needed. On my leather jackets, I have never used a liner. I would rather just add a layer. But winters here tend to be mild with short cold snaps. Plus I wouldn't generally order a leather jacket or coat online as I want to try it on before buying. Yes, you pay more generally.

Why does it take so long for Fedex to deliver where you are or is it their cheap service where the USPS makes the actual delivery?

Rural mail carriers service my area outside the actual city limits. Noticed in the last month that the postal service seems to be providing vans to their carriers versus in the past they had to provide their own transportation. This is because of all the packages being shipped now. Been wondering how the USPS was going to deal with this. My guess is that there has been a lot of complaining by the rural carriers with the swell in packages to be delivered. Don't think this is going to change.

The problem is my mail goes to a PO box and I never know or forget how something will ship before I order it.
FedEx packages get transferred to USPS unless I know and give my home address, and that's a big part of why it often takes so long.
UPS is better and USPS is usually fastest.

The jacket is breaking in a little and getting better, but I did order some conditioner to of course protect it but also help a little with the break in.

Based on everything I looked up this jacket appears to fit as they say a leather jacket should, but then all the info comes from fashion types who like to tell people they're wearing things wrong so that info is probably not very crucial.

Some new to me flatwear ( vintage silco, it's a long story )
Some USGI winter gloves

And a new alpha industries USGI nb2 flight parka for someone's Christmas gift.

With the black friday sales going on and all I ordered a pair of thorogood 804-3838’s. They are pretty much the same as my current thorogood’s except they’re 2” taller and waterproof with a different sole and leather finish. They will be good for those cold and rainy days and such, with a better tread for outdoors than my current wedge sole boots.

They also look nice, to boot.
AC840DFB-70F4-4F98-ABBC-CECA01388F8C.jpeg

With the black friday sales going on and all I ordered a pair of thorogood 804-3838’s. They are pretty much the same as my current thorogood’s except they’re 2” taller and waterproof with a different sole and leather finish. They will be good for those cold and rainy days and such, with a better tread for outdoors than my current wedge sole boots.

They also look nice, to boot.
View attachment 1463751

I'm not much of a Moc toe guy, but those sure are nice looking.
The oily / waxy roughout should age beautifully.
I'm an 8" boot guy all the way, and with the tumble relaxed horween leather thorogood uses on most models it's good for a tad more ankle support.
I've been 100% sold on Thorogood since I got mine a little over a year ago, and won't hesitate to buy another pair of boots from them.
I'm just waiting for them to offer a black version of my 814-4364.
I love these boots, and a pair I could wear at work would be great ( required black footwear at work , so I wear Justin's conductor model )
I ain't afraid to get shit done in my thorogoods, but I also take good care of them and they sure do look great when kept nice.

Last edited:
I'm not much of a Moc toe guy, but those sure are nice looking.
The oily / waxy roughout should age beautifully.
I'm an 8" boot guy all the way, and with the tumble relaxed horween leather thorogood uses on most models it's good for a tad more ankle support.
I've been 100% sold on Thorogood since I got mine a little over a year ago, and won't hesitate to buy another pair of boots from them.
I'm just waiting for them to offer a black version of my 814-4364.
I love these boots, and a pair I could wear at work would be great ( required black footwear at work )
I ain't afraid to get shit done in my thorogoods, but I also take good care of them and they sure do look great when kept nice.

Nice boots. That wedge sole is so comfortable, they put a bunch of spring in your step and are comfortable for long work days.

This will be my 3rd pair of thorogoods. I am sold on them at this point and they have held up well for me. I do my best to keep them cleaned and conditioned, it’s well worth doing for any good boots, and I like it when they look spiffy. I’ve got a pair of thorogood wellington’s that are about worn out and when they’re gone I’ll buy another pair of the same. It’s often convenient to have a pair of pull on boots but they are not quite as comfortable as lace ups.

I ordered a countertop dishwasher that arrived today, and I ordered a mattress that's supposed to arrive Friday.

In addition to knives I love collecting diecast memorabilia, replicas. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, engines, ...etc. Started just after graduating high school back in 1992. Being a fan of Mustangs, this will be here this week: 1:12 scale diecast replica of Eleanor, Gone in 60 Seconds. Already have all of the other scales of this car, might as well go big. Jaw dropped to the floor when I scanned the new arrivals section of one of the diecast websites I frequent.

12102-WM__01682.1607495969.800.600.jpg

In addition to knives I love collecting diecast memorabilia, replicas. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, engines, ...etc. Started just after graduating high school back in 1992. Being a fan of Mustangs, this will be here this week: 1:12 scale diecast replica of Eleanor, Gone in 60 Seconds. Already have all of the other scales of this car, might as well go big. Jaw dropped to the floor when I scanned the new arrivals section of one of the diecast websites I frequent.

12102-WM__01682.1607495969.800.600.jpg
Looks nice.
I generally just collect 1:64 scale, mostly mainline Hotwheels but greene light does some nice stuff more collector oriented stuff.
Also Johnny lightening was doing some great stuff from '00-'05 or so .

Two 3D T-Rex Nightlights for my grandbabies. A Kensight rear sight assembly with Peep Aperture, Piston wrench, and chamber brush for my Mom's M1 Carbine.

I just ordered myself a birthday present, tomahawks in cognac brown from the Thorogood 1892 line.

I don't know why the 1892 line isn't very well known, the Fedwing iron rangers are probably the most popular casual lace up boot but these are so much nicer looking if you ask me.

I don't exactly know what's supposed to be so special about it aside from how beautiful it is, but these are made of Horweens famous Chromexel leather which I'm excited to experience.

Weinbrenner makes a good boot in my experience all year with my Thorogood 814's, so when I saw these I didn't hesitate to put them on my short list.

Last edited:
Back