Whatcha reading?

A super interesting read so far:

iu

and just because it's Hallow's Eve weekend, and I want something spooky to read:

iu

Just finished “NOS4A2” and “Full Throttle” by Little King (Joe Hill). And grabbed a copy of “The Outsider” by his dad but haven’t started it yet.
“NOS4A2” is a novel and “Full Throttle” is a compilation of short stories. I enjoyed both a lot. If you like Stephen King’s work I think you’ll like his kid’s stuff too.

I'm jealous of this.....

I wish I could read through books but I can't because of my ADD

most of what I "read" is audio books but that's all I can do

I've listened to the book of 5 rings multiple times

I really enjoyed that book. Tried to read it to my boys. They weren’t interested.

I can’t wait to read these stories to my son.

After my failed attempt reading them “Norse Mythology” I switched over to “The Graveyard Book”. They enjoyed that one. My youngest really enjoyed it and I’ve read it to him twice. Both my boys are teenagers and can read themselves ( as far as I am aware), but they don’t. So I read to them in an effort to spark a love for books but mostly to break them away from gaming and help wind them down before bed. My eldest sees it as some sort of punishment at this point. Oh well.
When they were toddlers I read to them every night before bedtime. Working late eventually starting getting in the way of that but I would still read to them a few nights a week. Now it’s only a couple books a year.

Although it wasn’t the only time I read books when I was younger I always had to find something to read in the fall. I don’t know what it is/was about that time of year but I loved getting a good book and sitting in my bean bag reading by the window in the fall.

After my failed attempt reading them “Norse Mythology” I switched over to “The Graveyard Book”. They enjoyed that one. My youngest really enjoyed it and I’ve read it to him twice. Both my boys are teenagers and can read themselves ( as far as I am aware), but they don’t. So I read to them in an effort to spark a love for books but mostly to break them away from gaming and help wind them down before bed. My eldest sees it as some sort of punishment at this point. Oh well.
When they were toddlers I read to them every night before bedtime. Working late eventually starting getting in the way of that but I would still read to them a few nights a week. Now it’s only a couple books a year.

Although it wasn’t the only time I read books when I was younger I always had to find something to read in the fall. I don’t know what it is/was about that time of year but I loved getting a good book and sitting in my bean bag reading by the window in the fall.
I've read much of the Edda story, and a few years back was recommended Neil Gaiman's "Norse Mythology" which was a good return to those stories.
I read before I go to bed to help wind down from the day, and as an attempt to disengage from the mindless "doom scrolling" that I use to rid myself of the work day's stressors. I hope to instill in my son a love of reading when he is older.

You sir, are doing an exceptional job as a father. My hat is off to you, and I mean that.

Lately I've been finding it harder and harder to find books that I enjoy as compared to the past, both fiction and non-fiction. These are the most recent...but none of them are particularly memorable. I think the last two works from the late Cormac McCarthy are the most recent standouts...but they are not for everyone.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 10.21.02 AM.png

Back