What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Finished up this little neck knife today (still needs sharpening). Forged from a small chunk of steel off a bush hog blade. Ziricote handle with a nickel silver pin and g10 lanyard tube.
M1qz3nq.jpg

I like that a lot! Looks like it works well and I like the looks too!
Thanks. I think it's a little plain looking. I will work on the looks/ergonomics moving forward.
I really wish I had the balls to just hurry up and get in to making folders... Really nice work!
Thanks. I started out with a friction folder (made two), then I made two slip joints (Lanny's Clip), then I made two thumb stud liner locks and now this knife. I have one other like it to complete then I think I will go back to thumb stud opening liner lock knives. I have zero interest to try a frame lock.

w6CKp

I finally got myself a new table saw (DW745). It's a small saw for a small shop, and I made a small wheeled cart for it so I can put it away when not in use.

I also made a zero clearance insert for it (repurposed laminate flooring). It'll be put to good use when making saya's and cutting blocks. Waiting for a general purpose 40T blade for it though.

PX0gskA.jpg

w6CKp

I finally got myself a new table saw (DW745). It's a small saw for a small shop, and I made a small wheeled cart for it so I can put it away when not in use.

I also made a zero clearance insert for it (repurposed laminate flooring). It'll be put to good use when making saya's and cutting blocks. Waiting for a general purpose 40T blade for it though.

PX0gskA.jpg

Nice saw! Would this be better suited for sayas and knife-related wood cutting compared to a bandsaw?

Nice saw! Would this be better suited for sayas and knife-related wood cutting compared to a bandsaw?

Well, I'd like to think they complement each other. I have a wood band saw for cutting curves and shapes. For straight cuts I like the table saw (rip) and mitre saw (crosscut).

Well, I'd like to think they complement each other. I have a wood band saw for cutting curves and shapes. For straight cuts I like the table saw (rip) and mitre saw (crosscut).
Appreciate the explanation; makes sense to me!

Spot the differences
(hint it's diamond shaped)

IMG_20171003_170503.jpg

The test piece I did is flat. These scales are confex. That makes it quite a bit harder

Nice checkering!! How big of a set of files did you get? I got the basic set from Brownells, but I think I should have gotten the big one...

Nice checkering!! How big of a set of files did you get? I got the basic set from Brownells, but I think I should have gotten the big one...
Thnx, I have a set from Gunline, it is a set of six tools, 20 lines per inch
(single line cutter, double and trippel. V-cutter, border cutter and a small chouge)

Back