What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Here are a couple I've got in the works. 8" Chef's knife with stainless bolsters and a 6" outdoor/utility style knife with textured scales. This is my first time doing scales like this. They look and feel great but are a little bit aggravating to do. Both knives are Cpm154 stainless steel.

JkyDDV6.jpg
TbHYTyt.jpg
1DfaDLI.jpg

Sheath day. Well really sheath week. Have to do 68 sheaths, 54 of the knives I made and just finished. The wife is in the background putting the lanyard thongs on the knives for me.

sOrZDRR.jpg

Whole side of Herman Oak 7/8 oz veg tan. I've got it upside down on the cutting table because I've got to do some roughout sheaths in this batch and I'll always lay those out first. Pretty good size cow. The cutting table is 4' X 8".

JCUcEUC.jpg

68 sheaths laid out and or cut out. The darker ones will be full flower carved so they are cut out of a different leather. Wickett and Craig 8/10 oz russet saddle leather.

0ol4pdV.jpg

Cutting out the roughout ones.

LY3uZdV.jpg

68 sheaths even for my smaller knives pretty much takes up a whole side. All thats left and I'll use all this and more for the welts.

i0uGY4p.jpg

How I keep track. Mostly it works out. I think I screwed up once a while back.

50sEAAZ.jpg

It looks to me like you captured the look that would go with a sheath like that. He should be happy. That a nice looking little blade. Larry
Thank you very much. I enjoyed making this knife.

This was sharpened with a 220 generic ceramic belt close to the apex then followed by 1200 and 2000 grit 3M Trizact belts. I may have even skipped the 1200 and went directly to 2000 grit. The edge was ground thin so I did not spend a lot of time sharpening. After that it was stropped on the grinder with a leather belt and Pink Scratchless compound. I don't really load the belt with compound but it does get applied from time to time. I probably spent 3 minutes sharpening this.

This was sharpened with a 220 generic ceramic belt close to the apex then followed by 1200 and 2000 grit 3M Trizact belts. I may have even skipped the 1200 and went directly to 2000 grit. The edge was ground thin so I did not spend a lot of time sharpening. After that it was stropped on the grinder with a leather belt and Pink Scratchless compound. I don't really load the belt with compound but it does get applied from time to time. I probably spent 3 minutes sharpening this.

That's awesome :D

I'm really proud of this knife. Not exactly because of how it's turning out but because of how it got there. It represents tying a LOT of different skills together that I've tried to build or improve over the last year. One being planning the build (and having it go according to plan!) But also just being efficient. The blade had maybe 30 minutes of hand sanding only. At these pictures, no hand sanding has been done on the handle. The guard/collars are pinned and fitting them to the blade went really well. The wood is bedded to the tang but required very little epoxy to do it. It comes apart and goes together the same way, every time, no forcing or tweaking. So, essentially it's meeting my expectations for fit and finish but required very little frustration to get there. Which is new to me :D

59YaN6P.jpg

85yrRjJ.jpg

uMiqFhD.jpg

9V26bok.jpg

Now trying to decide whether to flute the copper or not before moving on to wrapping it up.

I'm really proud of this knife. Not exactly because of how it's turning out but because of how it got there. It represents tying a LOT of different skills together that I've tried to build or improve over the last year. One being planning the build (and having it go according to plan!) But also just being efficient. The blade had maybe 30 minutes of hand sanding only. At these pictures, no hand sanding has been done on the handle. The guard/collars are pinned and fitting them to the blade went really well. The wood is bedded to the tang but required very little epoxy to do it. It comes apart and goes together the same way, every time, no forcing or tweaking. So, essentially it's meeting my expectations for fit and finish but required very little frustration to get there. Which is new to me :D

Now trying to decide whether to flute the copper or not before moving on to wrapping it up.

This might be my favorite knife I've seen of yours! Beautiful work!

Kuraki I really enjoy your work.

Flute it! It would be awesome! I also like it as it is. Very cool...

Good looking build...YES...Flute that spacer that will look Killer Cool:cool::thumbsup:

O1 Friction folder and 1084 mini-kwaiken. The mini-kwaiken is my first knife with end-to end ownership from bar of steel, to heat treat, to sheath.

muJsU59.jpg

QOHS7Gk.jpg

JjQUMPf.jpg

fZuqc92.jpg

2CdZxEM.jpg

bZ84s9k.jpg

TEHh6SF.jpg

z8Nizu0.jpg

reT54FE.jpg

Back