What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

pwJ7vId.jpg
EHnFlsG.jpg
just finished my first slip joint O1 and canvas micarta

Working on these fellows currently. Unfortunately I run out of 120 grit belts so they're gonna be on hold for the week. Very exited about them. Going for a 'rough' look so I'm going to keep the sides as they are now. The pattern left over from the thermal cycling on the recurve looks absolutely gorgeous IMO.

MORVzQs.jpg

Lhg0Bz9.jpg

4DCW6VK.jpg

Also got a carbide file guide. Absolutely LOVE this thing, even though it dulls my files. No more spending 2 hours to get a flush lip for the guard. With the guide I managed to knock out the two in only 20 minutes! Really wish I got one earlier.
psotayC.jpg

Hengelo_77 Hengelo_77 , very elegant, I like understated designs, they can be difficult to get 'right'.

Last edited:
Kydex for liners? I’ve never heard of that. I always thought kydex was just good for sheaths...
It works fine, you do have to use the light colored Norton Sandpaper or Rhino paper for finishing because if you use the Black automotive wet & dry the black grit can impregnate into the lighter colors of Kydex, like orange, Pink or white.. the Black Kydex is no problem..

IMG_20180531_100648.jpg
Just installed a much-needed fan in my small shop.My forge is set up about three feet in front of the fan and prior to the fan I would place a box fan behind me as I worked the forge, blowing out one of the double doors. This should give me better exhaust and allow me to work through the hot summer inside and allowing me to (hopefully) keep the moisture pulled out year round.
My little shop is pretty much complete equipment-wise now, I picked up a HT oven, finished my small power hammer and all that's left to buy is a hardness tester.
Can't imagine how knives were made prior to the advent of everything "needed"today!

Last edited:
Mini Kwaiken, 80Crv2, Maple scales with orange liners. Carbon fiber (I think) pins, from a chimney sweep handle at Lowes ($9 I believe for a long rod).

I sort of sold it. A guy needed a father's day present and didn't have disposable funds from his paycheck yet. I just said let me send it you now so you have something to give him. Pay when you can what you feel is fair. As a beginner, I am not sure yet about being ready to sell. I have many growth opportunities in terms of gaps in scales, plunge lines, final grind thickness, sharpening, heat treating...

I gave another one away on the face book page just so someone would use it rather than sit in a box here. It felt good to do that.

DwYunR4.jpg

w7rh8mQ.jpg

rD9PNwp.jpg

DnpMwyl.jpg

6pZHdeu.jpg

Mini Kwaiken, 80Crv2, Maple scales with orange liners. Carbon fiber (I think) pins, from a chimney sweep handle at Lowes ($9 I believe for a long rod).

I sort of sold it. A guy needed a father's day present and didn't have disposable funds from his paycheck yet. I just said let me send it you now so you have something to give him. Pay when you can what you feel is fair. As a beginner, I am not sure yet about being ready to sell. I have many growth opportunities in terms of gaps in scales, plunge lines, final grind thickness, sharpening, heat treating...

I gave another one away on the face book page just so someone would use it rather than sit in a box here. It felt good to do that.

DwYunR4.jpg

w7rh8mQ.jpg

rD9PNwp.jpg

DnpMwyl.jpg

6pZHdeu.jpg

Looks pretty good to me.
Sometimes when I finish one I only see the small flaws. After putting it away for a few weeks I'll pull it out and see that it is better than I thought.

Back