What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

That handle is incredible. Can't wait to see it when finished.

That is some kind of impressive carving there, John Doyle. Also quite the special clamping device. Had been thinking of a handle like this for a friend but was thinking checkered. The basket weave is a big step beyond what I was thinking.

New fighter with sheath.

BYbIRKH.jpg

that basket weave handle knocked my socks off ! stromberg where you you get your micarta ? you have nice colors i have not seen before. looks like emerald green and black.

that basket weave handle knocked my socks off ! stromberg where you you get your micarta ? you have nice colors i have not seen before. looks like emerald green and black.
I get my micarta from different online retailers from all around Europe.

Places like:
I've also bought some from american companies like Knife Kits and USA Knifemaker.

Unfortunately I'm not sure where the black/green one is from.

Also quite the special clamping device. .

Mr. Doyle, I’m also admiring your vise jaws... any possibility you could post some more pics of it? Are you using rubber between the chain and the piece? Micarta?

Finally finished getting my disc grinder put together. I still need to decide for sure how I want to mount it, so it’s just set on the bench top for now.
QCrQz44.jpg

I was really itching to try it. I don’t have anything ready for grinding right now though, so I grabbed a little scrap of pine and had some fun. I’m pretty happy with how my new toy runs. Can’t wait to try it on some steel.

kHAvcHe.jpg

EAys8LB.jpg

finished a Paring knife with 4 1/8” blade of Damascus suminagashi with white steel core. Blue dyed and stabilized Buckeye Burl handle.

N8r6dZH.jpg

Back