What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

slipjoint with angled integral bolster liner, 416 SS hardened.
@mknife I like that tiger coral, I'm going to suggest that to the customer of this knife.

DaixqgZ.jpg

NotFDGi.png

I hope that steel is like wine .....the older the better :D This is D2 , was written on it .... West Germany :eek: 3mm thick and 25mm wide and about 58-60 HRC .I do not remember exactly but I think that I have them/many of them / since the eighties of last century ...So , lot of Puukko in future ;)
ZsgT4hL.jpg

My wife's grandfather was a machinist. I got most of his tools when he passed several years ago. A few micrometers, a LOT of 1 1/4 box end wrenches, and his Kennedy toobox with assorted odds and ends. These have left me scratching my head. They look like the diamond tool we used to clean the surface grinder wheel in high school industrial arts class. They're marked JK Smit Sons with a few different numbers. A quick Gargler search says they're certainly a diamond tool but I can't figure out exactly what they're for. Thoughts?

hYd3SZL.jpg

My wife's grandfather was a machinist. I got most of his tools when he passed several years ago. A few micrometers, a LOT of 1 1/4 box end wrenches, and his Kennedy toobox with assorted odds and ends. These have left me scratching my head. They look like the diamond tool we used to clean the surface grinder wheel in high school industrial arts class. They're marked JK Smit Sons with a few different numbers. A quick Gargler search says they're certainly a diamond tool but I can't figure out exactly what they're for. Thoughts?

hYd3SZL.jpg
Not to clean but to realign/true ??? grinding wheels . . . .

Back