What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

To make it more comfortable to finger ? Look like steel in front of scale has very sharp edge ?
7FwKOXB.jpg

Yes , but I can drill scale in same way .......you will need something to do about that :)

For drilling tapered tangs you build a jig that clamps at the ricasso and supports the tang to drill for the scales.

Do you have a pic of this jig? I've just been measuring the taper and using whatever is laying around to shim under the scale and drill through. That's how this one was done (not finished - still a work in progress!!).

QC5xfAt.jpg

Zdz8mkj.jpg

What a stunner! Great work!!!

Do you have a pic of this jig? I've just been measuring the taper and using whatever is laying around to shim under the scale and drill through. That's how this one was done (not finished - still a work in progress!!).
You support blade /jig/ on flats on ricasso and then you use shims on end of scale

You support blade /jig/ on flats on ricasso and then you use shims on end of scale

Yes - I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing. I'm really curious to see the jig that AVigil AVigil mentioned - you never know who has a better way to skin the cat!

QC5xfAt.jpg

Zdz8mkj.jpg

This tang is not tapered but this will give you the idea
1JHm8a5.jpg

YSmBu80.jpg

Back