What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Here’s the few knives I was able to get done over the summer.
AEBL and bone EDC
PgaOEBI.jpg
Do you try to use that ring for sharpening knife :)

well I have worked almost every single day straight for 6 months since I last saw my g/f...I've made and shipped about 80 knives
these are the last few (they are already sold) and then I'm off to the UK/EU for awhile. I've earned it :)

flIT9nB.jpg

pnRxsC1.jpg

v5z2KLE.jpg

2eiy2Id.jpg

0EjvTEQ.jpg

UAuHH7c.jpg

F0HISlU.jpg

yXaokS9.jpg

eGblZBE.jpg
Whats the details on all of them especially the middle one.

Seeing as how we've got the worst air quality in the world these days thanks to the fires, and it's probably a good idea to wear a respirator, I thought I'd spend the weekend doing something that requires my respirator. Cutting up 40+ feet of 10" bandsaw blade.
20200915_114503.jpg
Looks like I've got 46 billets worth of 15N20 here. :)

Seeing as how we've got the worst air quality in the world these days thanks to the fires, and it's probably a good idea to wear a respirator, I thought I'd spend the weekend doing something that requires my respirator. Cutting up 40+ feet of 10" bandsaw blade.
If the bandsaw blade was hardened, how did you cut it up? Cutoff wheel? Or did you somehow anneal it before cutting with a bandsaw?

I really like the style here. Roach belly kind of looking, with more elegance. Great job on the profile.

VG10 core sanmai suminagashi, stabilized dyed maple burl, recycled old english elephant ivory. Criollo style sheath by Adrian Sanchis

Pablo

lYfQ62a.jpg

bCV5RT5.jpg

Reactions: PEU
After taking off...oh...6 years or so I hopped back in the shop and made this little slipjoint in 154CM, Mammoth Ivory with Integral liner/bolsters. Probably doing a Lanny's Clip next. I'm making so few these days they are all for myself, my enjoyment or my family for the most part. Next slipjoint will have same integral liners, better relieved insides on the liners, use a bushing to better let me peen and hide pins and I'm working on nail nicks with a flycutter.
MUDiZXc.jpg

knzK07j.jpg

cbMOqFs.jpg

0SmciWt.jpg

That looks like the classic shop belt sander progression pattern:
  1. I'll do it all with files
  2. I will use this old bench grinder
  3. I'll buy that little 1X30 I saw
  4. Maybe I'll try that 2X42 everyone talks about
  5. Maybe I'll buy something inbetween the 2X42 but not quite a full cost/build 2X72 (optional step)
  6. Suck it up and buy the 2X72

Just the opposite, I evolved from a 1x30 to the 2x42 to a 2x72 kmg. I never had a problem out of the kmg, used it three years and realized I really didn’t need it, and devolved to the current setup and couldn’t be happier.

Back