What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

1/16" thick AEB-L, 62 Rockwell, 115mm k tip flat edge blade, stabilized green curly Maple (I think)
oIr1DtO.jpg

2 9" fillet knives, also in 1/16" AEB-L, TJ Lam Camo handles:
9Vfkjxj.jpg

Made a big chunk of carbon fiber burl. Just under 7"x7", 3/4" to 1.3" thick roughly (press piece angled a bit)
id48cGL.jpg

Working on a 240mm K Tip out of W2 and the hamon didn't turn out like I hoped, so I ended up with a machine finish and a dirty forced patina. Still need to finish out the handle, but I'm actually liking it a lot more than I thought!
ZmAOIWj.jpg

oPR7uS1.jpg

About to burnish a 9oz backsewn sheath for my newest puukko, just before it gets hot waxed, punched, stamped, and fitted with a dangler. These are made without a wooden insert, as I think the insert hinders functionality greatly. Just one man's opinion though, but I want to unsheath/sheath my knife with ease and be able to do it one handed.

View attachment 1621962

z1.jpg
z2.jpg

2mm/0.08" Bohler K720 O2 steel, stabilized quilted maple, corby bolts, 21cm/8.2" edge 33cm/13" OAL. Sheath by Pancho Elizalde.

Pablo

V7dt5Gc.jpg

7923B9j.jpg

QtRlbhC.jpg
You are good at clean lines. If you lived closer you could get your floors swept all the time.

A set of steak knives for my son. the pattern is from Horsewright (Thank you Dave!), damascus from WEO, cocobolo scales. Everyone seems to like cocobolo!
1630190639047.png
Yes, the damascus pattern is a little washed out - I am going to need to use a lighter tough (or etch deeper) - I did not realize it is so easy to sand beyond just "shining up" the raised layer (I just did not have the time to re-do the etch, and my son said he did not mind. Sheaths are in-process, but that death in my family and an upcoming wedding (when it rains it pours), so completing them is going to need to wait until at least late october.... He re-starts school in two weeks, so he will have these to bring to his apartment....

I just came by this little piece of s90v tonight, and I really need to think about what kind of knife to make out of it! I'm open to suggestions! I'm thinking a couple of little bird and trouts bordering on paring knives...1630193384392.jpg

Its knife related, not an actual knife. I'm making a TIG pedal for my new TIG welder so I can learn TIG welding by using it, its based on an idea I saw on a YouTube video (link in my video comments) At the moment I'm having a problem, from time to time the belt loosens while pressing the pedal and skips a teeth or two of the pulley and from there on the efective rotation of the potentiometer is reduced, pot is not in the video, only its coupler.

I think the problem lies in the spring, as the belt loosens when the spring has almost no tension (pedal pressed close to the max)

If you guys see something that can be improved to solve this I'm all eyes. Thanks

Pablo

Getting plenty done during lockdown. Finished up this sunny day themed nakiri. First time makig a nakiri for me, fun build. W2 with a nice subtle polished hamon. Playing with a few brighter colours, Blue micarta with orange and white g10 frame. Got a few other bits in various stages as well. Fillet, little euro chef and a hunter b&t pair.

0hBso2U.jpeg

8acx523
7sgzWgf.jpeg

0hBso2U

Back