What's in the name Jeep? (And the Becker lovers who love them.)

Hell yeah!
This is how I read those specs...
$$$$$$
$$$$$$
$$$$$$
$$$$$$
Lol...that and a lot of blood sweat and tears I imagine!
What year is she?

Hell yeah!
This is how I read those specs...
$$$$$$
$$$$$$
$$$$$$
$$$$$$
Lol...that and a lot of blood sweat and tears I imagine!
What year is she?

Lol!!! Pretty much!! It's a 2012. I bought it new and have been building it up a little at a time ever since. Like I said, it's my daily driver and it's just so much fun to drive. There literally isn't a day that goes by where someone dosent ask about it or compliment it. It brings me a lot of joy that people get such a kick from it and makes them smile. Smiles and happy are good things! 👍

i learned to drive stick in an old beat up commanche. i think it was an '84, but i could be wrong. me and my dad had to weld a plate over the hole in the floor under the clutch. the passenger side door wouldn't open. you could open the driver's side window by sticking your hand on it and pushing down. i hated it at the time, but i wish i still had it now, after dealing with all the problems i've had with our more recent vehicles.

a good friend of mine had a tj (i think?). drive shaft fell apart on him. he secured it with some scrap wire and drove home in 4wd. front end dragged his sorry butt home.

i want to get a bare bones, no bells, no whistles, no doors, no roof model, but my wife says it's not 'practical' for commuting. my wife says a lot of things. she works from home, so i figure she can 'commute' in whatever she wants, but let me commute in what i want.

They come through the shop pretty regularly. Lots of them get outfitted for dinghy duty behind motorhomes. We had a Polar Edition come through recently, yea, like I even knew there WAS a Polar Edition. :confused:

[video=youtube;fFtfhNJh1BM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFtfhNJh1BM[/video]

Been a month or so since we took the old girl out for a ride. Pretty out, but very windy today. Gusts up to 40mph:

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

My '78 J10 with the 360.

35257207332_ccb7212427_c.jpg

Nice Jeep truck. That year range jeep's had alot of GM stuff on them like GM turbo 400 trans, Brakes , sagnaw steering etc.
I had a 64 J300 Gladiator truck , put a 327 small block chevy / turbo 400 in it and camaro steering box etc
You could go to a junk yard and get all the adapters(turbo 400 to Dana 30 transfer case} off junked wagoneers

I had a 69 cj with the buick v6 also, put a muncie 4 speed and GM steering on that too

Nice Jeep truck. That year range jeep's had alot of GM stuff on them like GM turbo 400 trans, Brakes , sagnaw steering etc.
I had a 64 J300 Gladiator truck , put a 327 small block chevy / turbo 400 in it and camaro steering box etc
You could go to a junk yard and get all the adapters(turbo 400 to Dana 30 transfer case} off junked wagoneers

I had a 69 cj with the buick v6 also, put a muncie 4 speed and GM steering on that too
Good to know. Definitely has the turbo 400. I've been meaning to check out the local junk yards to see what they have.

Back