What's in the name Jeep? (And the Becker lovers who love them.)

Wash and waxed the old girl today. She needed it. Waxed the rims too:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Wife and I took the granddaughter out for a ride today:

1.png

2.png

I think someone wanted to drive:

3.png

4.png

Good job, the old girl looks Brand New .:thumbsup:
Thanks man. She does look good for being 23 years old. The guy I bought it from did a nice job redoing it.

The YJ's looking good, Dubs! It looks like I might be able to get my 93 back on the road On a visit down in the motherland a few months ago, dad and I realized that I still had some steel and a set of floorboards still stashed away to fix the rust on my trusty old Jeep. Shortly thereafter a buddy of mine told me that he was going to be lifting his Jeep to go to 33's, but his 31's still had a lot of life left on them.

The plan now will be to get rid of the godawful body lift like I've been wanting to do for years and run the 31's until I can afford to start slowly building it back up again.

OH! I also have good news on the Willys CJ3B front. I haven't been able to work on that in years. Dad surprised me with a picture of my body tub completely void of rust holes, primed and ready for paint last week! That old 3B might be up and running before too long* as well!

*It's been more than 5 years in the making at this point. "Before too long" could mean another year or so.

The YJ's looking good, Dubs! It looks like I might be able to get my 93 back on the road On a visit down in the motherland a few months ago, dad and I realized that I still had some steel and a set of floorboards still stashed away to fix the rust on my trusty old Jeep. Shortly thereafter a buddy of mine told me that he was going to be lifting his Jeep to go to 33's, but his 31's still had a lot of life left on them.

The plan now will be to get rid of the godawful body lift like I've been wanting to do for years and run the 31's until I can afford to start slowly building it back up again.

OH! I also have good news on the Willys CJ3B front. I haven't been able to work on that in years. Dad surprised me with a picture of my body tub completely void of rust holes, primed and ready for paint last week! That old 3B might be up and running before too long* as well!

*It's been more than 5 years in the making at this point. "Before too long" could mean another year or so.
Thanks man, love that thing. Looking forward to seeing yours back in business.

Nice Jeep Snake, but just a bit tall for me. I plan on putting 35's on the JK, but leaving room for 37's. The XJ is simply a beast.

xATjuxU.jpg

cYI0Xt1.jpg

zfOrsQ5.jpg
Thank you! It will be getting taller yet. Getting 2 more inches of lift and 44's here soon!

I'm still deciding on what to do with the motor.......either a HEMI upgrade or an LS1. Leaning towards the Ls!

Nothing like dusting hotrods in a monster truck!! Lol!

Will post up pics when it's done

Thank you! It will be getting taller yet. Getting 2 more inches of lift and 44's here soon!

I'm still deciding on what to do with the motor.......either a HEMI upgrade or an LS1. Leaning towards the Ls!

Nothing like dusting hotrods in a monster truck!! Lol!

Will post up pics when it's done
As much as I'd like to say hemi and as cool as it would be to have the hemi...
I think the LS will give your so many more options, be more reliable, and easier on the wallet.

Have you considered the Cummings?

Thanks man, love that thing. Looking forward to seeing yours back in business.
Thanks! Me too. The poor ol' girl isn't looking too hot these days.

20161126_131425_zps8xxtuyia.jpg

It's still fun to bomb around in when visiting the folks though.

20161126_131016_zpsr62cppuc.jpg

She still runs well. If the funds aren't available for primer & paint I might just put the 31's on it, ditch the body lift, wash the green stuff off of it and save the body work for later.

Just a paint job away from looking awesome again.

I agree with Warrior....that doesn't look too far off from looking great again. Good looking pi...err...I mean American bulldog mix you have there Jerry! ;)

Snake- I agree with NCSlice however I've always had a hard time going away from same make, so if it were me I'd want to go LS1, but probably end up with a Hemi. Either way...good spot to be in! :thumbsup: :D

Warrior I dig your dark charcoal color (whatever it is called sorry), it is one of my favorites and I almost bought those same wheels for our JK. Looks good!

* My first Jeep was a 94 YJ when I was working in the service dept of a Jeep dealer. Miss that Jeep! Sold it 3 years later after daughter came along in 96....

Warrior I dig your dark charcoal color (whatever it is called sorry), it is one of my favorites and I almost bought those same wheels for our JK. Looks good!

* My first Jeep was a 94 YJ when I was working in the service dept of a Jeep dealer. Miss that Jeep! Sold it 3 years later after daughter came along in 96....
Thanks man. It's called Mineral Grey/Midnight Grey. Luckily, the guy took a photo for me of the paint codes, etc, in case I needed to match it again. Mine is a 94 as well.

As much as I'd like to say hemi and as cool as it would be to have the hemi...
I think the LS will give your so many more options, be more reliable, and easier on the wallet.

Have you considered the Cummings?

Snake- I agree with NCSlice however I've always had a hard time going away from same make, so if it were me I'd want to go LS1, but probably end up with a Hemi. Either way...good spot to be in! :thumbsup: :D

Slice, I most certainly have considered the Cummings. It would be awsome, but I'm looking for a little more on the "big end". The Cummings would generate a ton of low end torque and horsepower......but believe it or not, right now with the way it's tuned and the 5.38 gears......it rabbits off the line quicker than a hiccup.

I can rip up a lot of what's on the street under an 1/8 mile, but after that, I'm toast. I really think that's where the Ls would shine. Thank you though.....Cummings ROCK!

Thank you "Twice the excitement"........the HEMI would be great.....no doubt about it. I think that it would have the same low end benefits as the Cummings though. Nothinstead sealed yet, but Ls is likely where's it's headed!!

Thanks again all!

I have a buddy that tunes some of the "Jeeps" (I was with him for 2) that run the King of the Hammers with LS power and large tires as well...I don't remember exact size, but big. Those rigs are sick! :D Please post pics.

Back