What's in the name Jeep? (And the Becker lovers who love them.)

I agree with Warrior....that doesn't look too far off from looking great again. Good looking pi...err...I mean American bulldog mix you have there Jerry! ;)

Thanks! Indie is an awesome little dog. That was her first Jeep ride since I don't have a Jeep up at my place yet. Needless to say, she was impressed. :cool:

Last edited:
Thinking about getting it out, and taking it for a spin.

After an insane amount of research......I've decided against an LS or a Hemi upgrade.

I'm going with a twin screw stage 2 supercharger from Sprintex. Everything points to this setup producing more horsepower, quicker 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times than the big V8 builds.

Talked with my local performance shop today and he's stoked to do the work. This will be the first supercharged jeep they have done. He's done a ton of supercharged set ups, but never a jeep.

Hope to have this done within the next few weeks. I will certainly keep this thread updated on how it turns out and what the performance is like.

Please do! Lookin forward to it. Hey what sliders do you and the dark Rubi run? They look very similar to the ACE I'm considering. I was wanting a better flat foot step for entry/exit. Funny enough we are about to purchase a 4Runner for the wife too. If you can't have a Jeep.... o_O

Love Jeeps :).

My father just sold his TJ that he'd had for... 12 years? I have owned a ZJ for 7 years now, but at the moment its needing some work, and isn't being driven (battery is dead from sitting, and needs new tierod ends). Where I live now I can't really use it much. No good trails close, and noone that I know wheels, and after some "exciting" experiences in my youth, I never go wheeling alone.

But, here is my ZJ.

p1020627i_zpsqrmkmpqw.jpg

p1020623ou_zps9pvpf04c.jpg

Killing the old busted radiator.
1003900hl_zpsd1vxltdm.jpg

They have some decent flex with the swaybar disconnected up front.
img1352sd_zpskkj8oljb.jpg

And man, I miss wheeling. Maybe I'll have to get the guts to do the tierod ends (never done that particular job, so feels a bit more daunting)
Didn't think the zk war sword was cool til now! Guess I'll strip mine

Supercharger has been ordered and the install is set for later this coming week!! Will likely be installing a 20 inch long, 30 inch wide and 4.5 inch tall hood scoop as well.

Will post more soon!!

Supercharger update.....

Well......I dropped Snakebreaker off at the performance shop Wednesday morning for an 8 to 10 hour install with intentions of picking it up later the same evening so I could be well on my way to eating any Mustang that dare pull along side me!

That was Wednesday morning. Snakebreaker is still in the shop completely fangless.

Ri-donk-ulous long story short.......after a ton of phone calls from the builder to the Supercharger manufacturer, and multiple tunes and programs being run.......the Supercharger is producing over 12 pounds of boost and literally melting different supports and brackets and pullys.

10 hour build has turned into a 6 day build with no certain light at the end of the tunnel.

Fortunately I'm using a very well known performance shop with one hell of a reputation. I'm hoping their influence will will cause the manufacturer enough urgency to get this thing done and done right!

Stay tuned!

Wow man...well, thanks for the update
Definitely made the right choice going with a reputable builder. I'm sure it will pay off. Maybe you'll get lucky and snag some freebies from the manufacturer!

Still sifting through some photobucket pics. IMG_20150628_150145588_HDR_zpszw8awbcy.jpg

Last edited:
Builder called me yesterday morning and said this.....

"Despite how difficult this was to get set up correctly.......this thing is insane!"

I recieved the jeep yesterday and after several hours of driving........I feel like the Joker, because I can't stop smiling.

I've had numerous muscle cars in the past, so I have a decent idea on how to gauge the difference in performance. I can honestly say this........this is a whole different kind of quick. When you press the pedal just a hair......it launches immediately.

This stage 2 by Sprintex is a new design and from what I understand, it's not been tested here in the states much. They are based in Australia. Like i mentioned, the builder I had do the install has done many superchargers in the past, so he was excited about this newer setup to see what it could squeeze out of the 3.6 pentastar.

Now, I will say, I did have some custom header work done as well, which may account for some of the added boost.......but still......this thing is scary quick.

I've only had it a few hours and will definately be romping on it today more, but so far..........COULD NOT be happier!!!!

I recieved the jeep yesterday and after several hours of driving........I feel like the Joker, because I can't stop smiling.

AND this is the reason why I'm still holding off on a newer Wrangler until I can snag one with the 3.6 instead of the older 3.8. I'll be keeping it for a while and I know that I won't be able to leave well enough alone.

Snakebreaker Snakebreaker
Congrats dude!
When will we get to see under the hood?
How is this build not being documented by one of a thousand off-road or motor magazines?
Seems like David Freiburger Or Fred Williams would be interested in thrashing that rig lol

Thank you sir! I've got pics and video but all I had was photobucket......and we all know what happened there.

Let me find another site to host pics and I will get them up asap!

Been cruising around all morning and the 5.38 gears with this supercharger are absolutely ridiculous! When I tap that gas......this jeep becomes a rocket!

Looking good snakebreaker! How much extra HP does this supercharger add? I imagine that offroad is where this supercharged jeep is gonna shine!

Back