What's that you're eating?

Just had braised pork stuffed bitter melons (that I made myself) w/steamed rice for lunch (it's an Asian thing) and am currently munching on some bagged pork rinds (which is a Laitn or Southern thing, depending on where you come from) with some cheap Pinot.

All of it was/is "delicious. :)

I try not to "discriminate" EVER but, when it comes to food, I NEVER do.!!!! If it tastes "good," I'll eat it. LOL!!!! ;)

I know a guy who literally almost died eating a Marie Callender's chicken pot pie. And I am not making this up. And he worked at a station for an energy company, so be careful.

Anyway, short version, ate the pie and got food poisoning. Violently ill, attempts to drive himself home. Pulls over on the side of the road to vomit, simultaneously leans out the door and passes out. Falls head first onto the highway and breaks his neck.

Wakes up, in the highway with cars driving by. Manages to drive himself back to the station. Lays down on the control room floor while they call his wife to come get him.

At that point he becomes paralyzed and they have to life flight him out of there.

He lived but was out of work for 4 months. The long version of the story is actually really funny and involves him injuring his back while on his recovery while racing a snowmobile....

First day back he threw out all the MC's in the freezer.

I know a guy who literally almost died eating a Marie Callender's chicken pot pie. And I am not making this up. And he worked at a station for an energy company, so be careful.

Anyway, short version, ate the pie and got food poisoning. Violently ill, attempts to drive himself home. Pulls over on the side of the road to vomit, simultaneously leans out the door and passes out. Falls head first onto the highway and breaks his neck.

Wakes up, in the highway with cars driving by. Manages to drive himself back to the station. Lays down on the control room floor while they call his wife to come get him.

At that point he becomes paralyzed and they have to life flight him out of there.

He lived but was out of work for 4 months. The long version of the story is actually really funny and involves him injuring his back while on his recovery while racing a snowmobile....

First day back he threw out all the MC's in the freezer.
😬

PSA
If any of these frozen dinners thaws out, it's dangerous to refreeze them. Food poisoning is a distinct possibility.

I got into the SensorPush system and use that to monitor temperatures in my freezers (as well as living room and basement), and I can set alarms to alert me if any of the sensors exceeds the Minimum or Maximum temperatures that I set for each sensor.

A simple method to monitor if the freezer has thawed out though, is to freeze a clear water bottle that's only half filled with water. When the water is frozen, either add a colored liquid on top (Gatorade, Kool Aid, whatever) and refreeze, or something that sinks in water, like a ball bearing. Keep it in front and immediately visible.

If the freezer ever thaws for some reason (power outage. Someone didn't close the door properly etc.), the colored liquid on top will mix into the clear water below it, or the weighted item will sink.

Lunch today.

Some left over steamed dungeness crab, a couple of slices of Boudin sourdough bread, corn on the cob, a salt/ginger in oil dipping sauce and some cheap Sauv Blanc to wash it down.

Yum! :)

CLgr7CL.jpg

Back