What's the BEST Folder You Have...and YOUR FAVORITE?

best: ZT0200
favorite: my BM mini griptilian and Spyderco meercat for small chores and my ZT0200,Kershaw Blur, and Spyderco Native for larger chores

I can't choose just one :p

Large Sebenza Classic w/ Micarta handles and double thumb lugs - - wonderful feel, cuts great - - does the job for me. - - -

My best is a toss-up between my Spyderco Endura 4 ZDP-189 and my Buck 419 Folding Kalinga Pro in S30V.

My favorite is a humble carbon steel Douk Douk. The blade is narrow and tapered and razor sharp. This knife is so thin/flat that it disappears even in the thinnest summer weight slacks I own. When I have to be absolutely unobtrusive, I put a One Armed Bandit on it and it's a tactical slippy with one of the strongest backsprings ever on a non locking folder.

In a real pinch, the body of the Douk Douk can be hammered "closed" and you have a fixed blade. Best $20.00 I ever spent.

DoukDouk.jpg

My best folder, by far, is a liner lock.... gads, that was hard to say! My second 'best' is a Buck 110... any Buck 110, probably, but I do have a Damascus bladed custom that should be tops.

Oh, my best is the new Buck #419 Kalinga Pro in S30V, in the middle below. At the bottom is the collector tin version of the 110 that was carried by Wally World pre-Christmas - for $30! That polished blade is bright, but the 'Al Buck' signature reportedly fades with some oils.

IMG_0456_edited.jpg

Stainz

love my lonewolf harsey and my amberbone ruslock, but the benchmade griptilian always finds it's way into my pocket

My best is still my Kershaw ZT 0400 (although its a royal pain to sharpen) but my favourite and most functional EDC folder is my new Caly3 in ZDP-189.

my best and my favorite? we'll, i have a dozen knives id trust my life to. as far as toughness, my cold steel XL Voyager has endured all the abuse i could throw at since i first got into their knives a couple years ago. VG-1 has physically proven to be superior to the super tough VG-10, and the high carbon content in the stainless steel gives it a lot of superiority, previously unheard of in a stainless knife. you can also use leather to strop it and get it straight razor sharp, all 6 of my Cold steel VG-1 knives are like that. anyways, some destructive stories. you have to understand a sharper than the factory edge is weaker because of less metal supporting it. this hunting season i had to chop out a section of rib and it didnt dull or damage it at all. one of our friends had a license plate he was getting rid of, and i chopped it up and sliced it a bit for fun and i could still shave with it easily. i also stabbed it a bunch, no point damage ( i know aluminum is very soft, but...it looks cool...) . i have a winchester folder made of chinese stainless that will hold a shaving edge for about 12 strokes into the side of a newspaper. my XL voyager..well, i ran out of newspaper, turning it into tiny pieces and grabbing another doing the same. i got bored... the lock has also stood up to a lot of abuse, as well as the handle and pocket clip. i had one of thoes $15 ninja swords for chopping, and my friend set my Voyager on a stump i was about to chop a wire in half that we found, and i swung as hard as i could, and i didnt do anything.because my knife was in the way! the handle has a 1/4 in. long cut, 1 cm deep cut in the handle. thats it. it feels so cheap, and like a toy because its so light, but tis well worth the $55. If youre looking for lock strength my CS AK-47 or recon 1 have the ultra lock locking mechanism which you will have to break the blade to get it to fold up on you. $57 and $65 at thebladeshop.com worth getting if you like tactical folders and Aus 8a vacuum heat treated, sub zero quenched steel ( less imperfections get in during cooling time). my most expensive, and favorite would have to by my Cold steel Black Sable custom series folder. VG-1 laminated steel called san mai III and a state of the art rocker lock, able to hold all 220 lbs of my weight. i know because i tried. titanium bolsters and frame, Micarta handle.

My best folder is my Lone Wolf Double Duty Automatic. Locks up rock solid and faster than my Microtech OTF to open. Cuts like a razor too.

My best folder, by far, is a liner lock.... gads, that was hard to say! My second 'best' is a Buck 110... any Buck 110, probably, but I do have a Damascus bladed custom that should be tops.

Oh, my best is the new Buck #419 Kalinga Pro in S30V, in the middle below. At the bottom is the collector tin version of the 110 that was carried by Wally World pre-Christmas - for $30! That polished blade is bright, but the 'Al Buck' signature reportedly fades with some oils.

IMG_0456_edited.jpg

Stainz

My local Wal Mart has those 110 tins on sale(clearance) for $15!!!

So far today it is my BM 910 for the past 2 weeks been on me.. Before that was my Strider AR.. Built like a freakin tank.. I also have a custom Waved BM mini AFCK that was one of my favorites for a long time..

But the one that is pulling my strings is on it's way to me in the mail and Hopefully it takes the cake on my fav list .. ZT 0500 MUDD:)

Best=Cold Steel Voyager Xtra Large Tanto Point
Favorite=Cold Steel Kudu
Honorable Mention=Cold Steel Twistmaster

My favorite folder is a Boker tree brand olde stag congress style with four blades. Its so sharp i can shave with it.

The best knife I've owned was a spyderco delica. I gave it hell and it never faltered. That is until I ran over it with the mower.
It was just replaced with a Benchmade 550
My current favorite is a Kershaw leek. I just can't stop flicking that blade open.

Remember the Constitution?
Ron Paul does.
RonPaul2008.com

Back