What's your 2019 Grail knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No grails. F that word to death. It's turning the industry into an amusement park.

That said, I'm looking forward to the Three Rivers Manufacturing "Turbo Charger" designed by Greg Lightfoot:

Also looking forward to the Rassenti/Spyderco Paysan, but who isn't?

Only planned purchase is a White River Knives Sendero Classic with handle material to be decided on at a later date.

I’ve been wanting a Night Sky Sebenza 21 since I got into knives ten years ago. Just got the email today from CRK that my order for one is in their system. Now comes the 6-12 month wait.

I just picked up another ZT. Not really looking for a grail. I like what I have right now.

Jason Guthrie Scout for sure.

Much less chance of getting these, but still would love to acquire a knife from Richard Rogers, Philippe Jourget, or Jonas Iglesias.

Also I’ll be very interested to see new models from Brown Knives and Holt Bladeworks.

Nothing I’ve seen (or expect) for 2019 reaches my grail mark, so it’s the same as last year with select models of CRK, Olamic, and (gasp!) Medford on the list. However, I don’t realistically see myself dropping a half-large plus on a knife this year (but I keep watching the Exchange anyway!).

A Para 3 LW for myself and a few for gifts will keep me happy (along with enjoying what I’ve got already).

The WE Knives Deacon in M390!
WE-Knife-Co-Deacon-Ti-CF-Blue-BB-901B-BHQ-93249-jr-bottlecap.jpg

I’ll be pleased as punch if I can find a good deal on a Spyderco Caribbean. I don’t really have anything else on my radar at the moment - most of the SHOT Show reveals were completely forgettable.

Falling well short of “grail” and much more accurately categorized as “mild curiosity” is the new pair of Cold Steel Demko models. I might pick one up, but, I already have a Recon 1 in S35VN. It’s a pretty low priority.

No grail. But I am on the list to order a North Arm Skaha sometime around August. I hope it's worth the wait.

Grail? Not sure if it is a grail for me but, I just picked up a Spyderco D'Allara 3 earlier this month. Probably the only new knife purchase I will make this year.
I have not purchased a NIB knife in years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back