What's your 2019 Grail knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it would be new to me... and it’s a grail. Did I miss the point?

You have got the hang of this. From what I've heard, Rockstead knives really are worth the money. Now, I haven't heard a lot, because they are still quite a bit of money.

Being pedantic for a moment, you should probably remove that link to Rockstead's site from your earlier post. I don't think they're a paying Bladeforums dealer, so it's not really cool to link to their site.

I know you don't mean any harm by it, but there's been trouble with people trying to get free publicity for their websites.

Oh, yes. Knife-related content? Hmmm. I may have posted something about the 4Max in this thread,

qBWRmE9.jpg

And I hear that Freeman Outdoor Gear is working on a smaller version of the 451.

TuxadiZ.png

If I felt like throwing money with both hands, I could try to find an Extrema Ratio Ti-Rock.

HwNlBDO.jpg

There's always this thing.

WwwL3KN.jpg

Yeah.....

Lately, I haven't seen any knives that really make me want to buy them. Maybe when Fox brings out the Livri and Libar. We'll see.

Last edited:
You have got the hang of this. From what I've heard, Rockstead knives really are worth the money. Now, I haven't heard a lot, because they are still quite a bit of money.

Being pedantic for a moment, you should probably remove that link to Rockstead's site from your earlier post. I don't think they're a paying Bladeforums dealer, so it's not really cool to link to their site.

I know you don't mean any harm by it, but there's been trouble with people trying to get free publicity for their websites.

Oh, yes. Knife-related content? Hmmm. I may have posted something about the 4Max in this thread,

qBWRmE9.jpg

And I hear that Freeman Outdoor Gear is working on a smaller version of the 451.

TuxadiZ.png

If I felt like throwing money with both hands, I could try to find an Extrema Ratio Ti-Rock.

HwNlBDO.jpg

There's always this thing.

WwwL3KN.jpg

Yeah.....

Lately, I haven't seen any knives that really make me want to buy them. Maybe when Fox brings out the Livri and Libar. We'll see.

Edited the link. Those are nice knives thank you for the suggestions. Rockstead is Heat treating ZDP-189 to 67HRC. I’m also a big fan in there very affordable $300-$400 neck knives made of XYR7 at 64HRC. Combine with convex edge and mirror polish coating these are some durable and gorgeous knives.

Otherwise, right now I’m looking for anything properly hardened in Nitro-V. I have a RMJ Jungle Combat and Doublestar Lite Fighter X both in Nitro-V and love em both.

Wait, I found another one. Remember Peter Rassenti?

This is the Satori, an integral folder. And possibly a massive picture.

ljX5296.jpg

I’m really looking forward to the return of the Bark River Sandstorm, I also imagine that I’ll find a Micarta 31 before the year is out

Ahh.... just the way things are and I don't have a problem with it. I simply don't buy.

I purchased a Dogwood Custom Knives Kephart at Blade this year. I really like it and it will be my grail knife for a while or until something else comes along that catches my fancy. :D

You'll hang up the phone after you see the price. And you'll likely block it's number, too.

Well, maybe not. It's up there with the Rockstead, I'll say that much.

Well I had 2. The Cold Steel AD10 which I got last week and A GiantMouse Ace Bibilo which I just found one on the forums and should be here tomorrow
Kevin

Not a grail, really, but it is a knife I have been interested in for several years, just not interested enough to pay the $170-odd bucks it usually seems to go for. When I saw it at a price more to my liking, from a dealer with a dodgy reputation, I took a chance. After a few twists and turns, it showed up.
DB7DDC7D-F3D7-4111-B16A-4CB2E9C778A9.jpeg
It’s the Anza Dune Field in the foreground, not a knife you ever hear anything about, and probably not too highly regarded here, as there is something kitschy about knives made from files. I have bought a handful of Charlie Davis’s knives over the last forty years, and found them to be an engaging mix of art and utility.

Not sure what I am going to do with it, but I like it.

My grail for this year, will be here soon, I ordered it this week.

FHM traditional 29cm overall "veintinueve" Balisong with a "Dibuyod" (Bowie) blade and Carabao Horn handle scales.

JhtWRxQ.jpg

Grail? Whichever knife that next gains my attention, be it custom or production, and I can't rest easy until I've acquired it.

Last edited:
No grail knives for me. I topped out at ZT, and keep them in the case. For EDC, I’m still enjoying my Keyshawn Bareknuckle, and Spyderco Para3. I carry them nearly exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back