1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's your 2019 Grail knife?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Mmm390, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    You have got the hang of this. From what I've heard, Rockstead knives really are worth the money. Now, I haven't heard a lot, because they are still quite a bit of money.

Being pedantic for a moment, you should probably remove that link to Rockstead's site from your earlier post. I don't think they're a paying Bladeforums dealer, so it's not really cool to link to their site.

I know you don't mean any harm by it, but there's been trouble with people trying to get free publicity for their websites.

Oh, yes. Knife-related content? Hmmm. I may have posted something about the 4Max in this thread,

[​IMG]

And I hear that Freeman Outdoor Gear is working on a smaller version of the 451.

[​IMG]

If I felt like throwing money with both hands, I could try to find an Extrema Ratio Ti-Rock.

[​IMG]

There's always this thing.

[​IMG]

Yeah.....

Lately, I haven't seen any knives that really make me want to buy them. Maybe when Fox brings out the Livri and Libar. We'll see.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. §㊈®ΣↀΣ®

§㊈®ΣↀΣ®

Jul 19, 2019
    Edited the link. Those are nice knives thank you for the suggestions. Rockstead is Heat treating ZDP-189 to 67HRC. I’m also a big fan in there very affordable $300-$400 neck knives made of XYR7 at 64HRC. Combine with convex edge and mirror polish coating these are some durable and gorgeous knives.

Otherwise, right now I’m looking for anything properly hardened in Nitro-V. I have a RMJ Jungle Combat and Doublestar Lite Fighter X both in Nitro-V and love em both.

Shorttime likes this.
  3. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    Wait, I found another one. Remember Peter Rassenti?

This is the Satori, an integral folder. And possibly a massive picture.

[​IMG]

4. Freedom Pullo

Freedom Pullo Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I think these are being discontinued, (I saw it mentioned in the Hinderer FB group)

5. Freedom Pullo

Freedom Pullo Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I’m really looking forward to the return of the Bark River Sandstorm, I also imagine that I’ll find a Micarta 31 before the year is out

6. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    My "grail" was a XM-18. And now I have one.
    Now what?
    [​IMG]

colin.p likes this.
  7. Pteronarcyd

Pteronarcyd

Feb 19, 2019
    Henry Beige likes this.
  8. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    This, but I'm NOT gonna pay the crazy second hand price, I really HATE the way people in the US hoard these when released and put on a 200% pricetag on ebay...

It is a shame..

Pic stolen from ebay:

[​IMG]

9. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Ahh.... just the way things are and I don't have a problem with it. I simply don't buy.

I purchased a Dogwood Custom Knives Kephart at Blade this year. I really like it and it will be my grail knife for a while or until something else comes along that catches my fancy. :D

10. Chefget

Chefget Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 1998
    Just leaving this here, sometime ya just get lucky...

IMG_20190716_202702.jpg

miso2 and Shorttime like this.
  11. §㊈®ΣↀΣ®

§㊈®ΣↀΣ®

Jul 19, 2019
    Never seen this before but it calls to me.

12. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    You'll hang up the phone after you see the price. And you'll likely block it's number, too.

Well, maybe not. It's up there with the Rockstead, I'll say that much.

13. kda89508

kda89508 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Well I had 2. The Cold Steel AD10 which I got last week and A GiantMouse Ace Bibilo which I just found one on the forums and should be here tomorrow
    Kevin

14. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Not a grail, really, but it is a knife I have been interested in for several years, just not interested enough to pay the $170-odd bucks it usually seems to go for. When I saw it at a price more to my liking, from a dealer with a dodgy reputation, I took a chance. After a few twists and turns, it showed up.
    DB7DDC7D-F3D7-4111-B16A-4CB2E9C778A9.jpeg
    It’s the Anza Dune Field in the foreground, not a knife you ever hear anything about, and probably not too highly regarded here, as there is something kitschy about knives made from files. I have bought a handful of Charlie Davis’s knives over the last forty years, and found them to be an engaging mix of art and utility.

Not sure what I am going to do with it, but I like it.

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  15. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    My grail for this year, will be here soon, I ordered it this week.

FHM traditional 29cm overall "veintinueve" Balisong with a "Dibuyod" (Bowie) blade and Carabao Horn handle scales.

[​IMG]

16. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    It was a Mayo Wharncliffe. I found one a few weeks ago after a fairly long search.

[​IMG]

17. onekerf

onekerf Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Grail? Whichever knife that next gains my attention, be it custom or production, and I can't rest easy until I've acquired it.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Cryptyc likes this.
  18. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    3.5" Skinny Slicer!

19. Irch

Irch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2018
    No grail knives for me. I topped out at ZT, and keep them in the case. For EDC, I’m still enjoying my Keyshawn Bareknuckle, and Spyderco Para3. I carry them nearly exclusively.

20. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    On its way :oops:

wickettedge and abbazaba like this.