What's your best recommendation for concealed carry pistol?

Well, that narrows it down. :rolleyes:

600px-FDTD-COD-1.jpg

dtd_best_gun_ever.jpg

And everyone will laugh and that will end the confrontation !!

I bought a Shield 9mm. I have a CCW/CPL class scheduled for the 28th.

Haven't shot it much yet, but I did get the one without the safety.
24701212362_69c2a3d464_z.jpg

I was going to get a Glock 19, but I wasn't sure I'd ever carry it. I'm 5'9", 140 and don't typically wear very baggy clothing. Per reviews, I was looking for something thin enough to conceal, but shootable. This is where I ended up.

Glock 9mm model 26, 19 for warm weather. For very cold climates, use Glock 10mm model 20 or model 29 to penetrate heavy clothing.
And remember...the gun is no better than the quality, design of the ammo you carry.

As Charlie is saying.... Lots of considerations. I'm a cop. I have a Glock 27.... The "baby" Glock in .40 S&W. Our department uses the .40... I can shoot their ammo at the range.
The gun is small enough for effective carry for me...I'm almost 6 feet and 200 pounds. I use one of those new "hybrid" IWB holsters. A T-shirt is sufficient in Summer, a sweatshirt or sweater in Winter.
Lot of firepower in a small package.

You have to take into account your physical characteristics; how and when you plan to have the weapon available, etc.
With all the nice, compact 9mms available now I would not recommend anything smaller.

OP.....what's your budget?

How large of a handgun can you conceal? Are you 5' or 6' 6"? 120 lbs or 400 lbs?

Do you live in Arizona or North Dakota?

Hands so small you can't reach the trigger on a DA double stack?

Single stack - SW Shield, Springfield XDS, Glock 43. Those are available in 9mm and will be easy and comfortable to carry. Only downside is number of rounds they hold. You can go with a double stack gun like a glock 26 or 19 but they wont be as comfortable. I carry a glock 19 fine but its still something to note.

Single stack - SW Shield, Springfield XDS, Glock 43. Those are available in 9mm and will be easy and comfortable to carry. Only downside is number of rounds they hold. You can go with a double stack gun like a glock 26 or 19 but they wont be as comfortable. I carry a glock 19 fine but its still something to note.

That's what I'm looking for! $400-500, 6'-1" 215 lbs. Southern climate! That S&W Shield was my original thought, just wanted some other options in that vein! Of course I'm going to shoot whatever before I buy, just looking for options. Good stuff there MWerner! Thanks guys

I'd recommend the shield also. The trigger weight is a bit high but other than that its a fantastic little pistol. Here's a target I shot at 10 yards the day I picked picked up the Shield and M&P 22 compact.

smith airlight 38+p. Just get some thing you are comfortable with. Gun sitting in the safe kind of defeats the purpose. If its to big or uncomfortable Most will not carry it

I carry glock 9mms. My 19 get carried most but my 43 is probably going to change that. I have had the 43 since last fall. When I am more comfortable with it and have more kydex made for it, I will probably carry it 80% of the time.

I carry the S&W M&P9c. I like the versatility of the 12 rd mag or the 17 rd mag with grip extender. The 3.5" barrel (compact) is a good compromise between full size and subcompact but with more capacity then a single stack. If you do live in a southern climate and wear light clothes a good chunk of the year, I can understand going to a single stack subcompact.

Back