What's your favorite Bushcraft blade right now?

I don't know about you guys but I kinda go in cycles with knives. I don't generally pick out a different one each time I go camping/hiking. I will get stuck on one knife for awhile and after some time switch to another. Mainly talking about your EDC. I always have other blades when I go out. Usually a SAK and a machete.

The last few times I have camped and fished I have taken my compact bushcrafter from Mark Wohlwend. Knife is sharp as all get out and I have beat the living hell out of it and it just asks for more.

Which knife is getting the most play on your outings lately?

Here it is new and unused...

P1010230.jpg

And after a few trips out...

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

My favorite is my JK Rule #9. It fits my hand perfectly and John's O1 is easy to get really sharp and stays sharp. It makes for a good hunting knife too.;)
tools1.jpg

rule9dock.jpg

rule9tipburied.jpg

Last edited:
Busse CABS. Nice and thin, convex like I like, and a great chuddy bear sheath.

I've been trying to catch a fiddleback bushfinger, but I always miss out when he posts them.

spyderco bushcraft...anyone can make scandi grinds but i have yet to find another knife that has the same handle ergonomics. it feels like it was custom molded to my hand.

024_nadz_007.jpg

Another here for the Spyderco bushcraft. I still can't believe it's a factory knife.

Here's mine in a sheath I made ( my 2nd) next to my Esee 3 ( my first sheath)
knifesheaths008.jpg

This is like saying who is you favourite kid, sometimes you just have to commit to the idea that you'll always love them equally.

For me they are the F1 (just got custom Barkniven version) and the Bark River Aurora. The Canadian Special may soon replace these two however once I get a chance to get out and use it!

Last edited:
Bunch of nice looking blades. I like the Spyderco BC too but haven't put it in rotation yet. HandofCod those are 2 beautiful blades. Never really gave Bark River much of a look but that one is sweet!!!

Right now, today, my favorite is, like Bigfattyt, a Busse CABS. Bushcraft is the reason I bought this knife. The handle, thin paper micarta, turned out to be almost useless. Too thin, and too short.
I had a fellow in NY make me a set of Bocote wood custom scales. Now the CABS is a very useful, and capable Bushcraft blade. Sharp beyond belief, and hell for stout. :D
BusseCABS.jpg

I had the maker use my Spyderco BushcraftUK knife handle as the model. As has been mentioned, that is the MOST comfortable handle I have ever seen.
BCUK.jpg

Last edited:
Spyderco really put a lot of thought into ergonomics. Nice looking blade. I really wanted one of the wood handled ones but I decided against it with the problems they were having with cracking. I did get the G10 though. Feels really good in the hand. The only other knife I have used for bushcraft that feels as good as the Spyderco (to me) are blind horse knives. Excellent fit and finish.

Right now it's my newest addition- production version of the Fiddleback Forge Recluse built by Bark River. I was able to finally start testing it out some yesterday cleaning fish and doing some wood carving. It performed beautifully. I'm very happy with it so far.

007.jpg

Some really gorgeous knives in this thread. I just use a plain old mora clipper, inexpensive, sharp, tough, does everything I need it to do

moraclipper.jpg

My favourite bushcraft knife is the Mike Lummio designed BCNW-O1 from Bushcraft Northwest (pictured below with Bloodwood scales). I've always loved Mora knives and the BCNW-O1 is like a Mora knife on steroids.
BloodwoodBCNW-O1sheath.jpg

Here's another shot of it along with it's Bamboo handled twin.
BCNW-O1pair1.jpg

Last edited:
I've been using a Sisspukko, the shorter version. Also, my Gossman Polaris and mini Kephart.

Back