What's your favorite Bushcraft blade right now?

CRR - I've always loved the blade shape on the Can' special but was worried about the pronounced finger groves. Is the knife comfortable to hold in reverse grip with the grooves?

CRR - I've always loved the blade shape on the Can' special but was worried about the pronounced finger groves. Is the knife comfortable to hold in reverse grip with the grooves?

Surprisingly, it is. I don't do much of anything with a reverse grip, but it feels comfy and secure in just about every grip I can think of. BRKT nailed the ergos on this one for sure. I also had some concerns that the G-10 scales might get slippery with sweaty hands and such, but so far I haven't had any issues with it. It's my first Barkie, and if all their knives are this good, I can definitely see more in my future.

This little ML arrived last week and hasn't been out of my pocket since. Useful little blade.

BDB011.jpg

Have to be my ESEE-4, although I love customs and a bushcraft blade from Rick Marchand is next on my list...

CIMG0715.jpg

I am a big fan of the ESEE 3 and 4. Only drawback for me is the small handle. The Knife Connection makes and sells a very nice G-10 handle up grade for these knives. I put one on my ESEE 4, and it made all the difference in the world in being able to really use it as a bushcraft blade. Shown here with my RC-3 (same size handle from the manufacturer), you can see the difference.
NewHandleonESEE4.jpg

i'm still loving a couple of oldies. my koster bushcrafter is great. my jk phoenix , mark's boooshway, and a few others lol. i love knives in this category

I always take this one in my trips everytime when i go to rain forest at Vietnam. Maybe, it's not real bushcaft knife, but it's really useful in my trip.

IMG_0210Medium.jpg

IMG_0212Medium.jpg

IMG_0214Medium.jpg

Sorry for no pictures yet, but I have a Koster Bushcrafter knife set up with a Victorinox Alox Bushcrafter folder and a firesteel tied/wrapped to the sheath with six or more feet of paracord - it's been a great little combo.

Last edited:
Back