What's your go-to, beat up cutting tool?

My M390 Kershaw Link.its a good solid knife with a good blade steel and only costed $70.its a great user knife that I never cared to rough up.for really hard abusive work I will break out my old Gerber Prodigy

I have two beater knives. One is a Gerber Paraframe. I think that is what it is called. No matter what it is called, it is still garbage.

The other is a CRKT Prowler. I love that knife.

Short Mora 511 at home.
Carry beater: Tenacious partly serrated. Ironically, both were gifts.

I almost bought one of those before but read some comments that they are difficult to sharpen. Can you get a fine edge on your Strongarm?
420hc hard to sharpen?

I can see where the factory bevel might give some people an issue...

I had to reset mine to 40 inclusive, but after that sharpens up easily with a sharpmaker.

353 353 can we see he leuku too?

No problem Mister.

It's a 8" Strømeng samiknife/leuku, made in Norway.

I use it for breaking bones when I need to cut up meat. It's a very tough blade.

rPaRhlBl.jpg

Ahg5cazl.jpg

Folders:
Large 21 micarta
GB2
Buck 110
TA Davison

For fixed blades I have a couple customs and a couple Buck Knives I do any and everything with.

For me, if I’m collecting, it stays in its box in the collection. Mostly Buck if I’m being honest.

The rest, I buy them to use. Premium materials, amazing craftsmanship, and slightly higher price points. To me, that just screams “use it!!” Or else why even spend the money.

I carry others. But these are the “go to” beater style, not afraid to use it, would take it anywhere and feel comfortable knives.

I also have a 10.5” pig sticker/bowie style blade being made shortly. I am going to beat the absolute crap out of it. Many hogs (and others) headed to hog heaven. We’ll see if 8670 can really take what it says on paper. I’m excited for this one.

Truly enjoy seeing well used - well loved knives.

My beater/loaners are on the lower end of the price spectrum of my humble collection. I tend to baby the more expensive knives.

Lately it's this:

20210819_171501.jpg

My one complaint is that Dewalt Carbid blades don't fit, so I've "settled" with using Lenox Gold. They just came out with a balisong version - obviously won't be as practical, but more fun perhaps.

353 353 Thanks! Great to see a tough knife with a real mission!
And the factory is just north of my favourite hiking area, never knew it was there. Will visit next time I’m in the area. Thanks again!

No problem Mister.

I use it for breaking bones when I need to cut up meat. It's a very tough blade.

rPaRhlBl.jpg

Ahg5cazl.jpg
I wonder what is going through the mind of your cat in the first picture.:)

No problem Mister.

rPaRhlBl.jpg

Ahg5cazl.jpg

I wanted to like mine so badly, but the radii on those handles are just too sharp.

Back