What's your newest Buck knife

Pair of Budgies flew in...
DddfwlP.jpg

bucklife301 here ya go! It's got at least a half oz of silver..I was a little surprised at the weight. Someday I'll take a slab of sterling or .999 or coin silver and have a 112 done. I can picture a bareheaded mirror polished drop point blade or maybe a Aurum etch with oversized silver slabs..20210402_153035(0).jpg20210402_153102.jpg

bucklife301 here ya go! It's got at least a half oz of silver..I was a little surprised at the weight. Someday I'll take a slab of sterling or .999 or coin silver and have a 112 done. I can picture a bareheaded mirror polished drop point blade or maybe a Aurum etch with oversized silver slabs..View attachment 1538814View attachment 1538815
Is it a cap/cover on top of the original scales?

Mike it's hard to tell..I can't see a line like its a cap. But Silver is fairly soft and I doubt it would be easy or inexpensive to make the frame from Silver. Sometime this weekend I will use my son's scale to see exactly how much it weighs.

That one appears to be a cap with an insert. the others just look like a cap.
Yeah, I was looking for a blade pivot or any pivots. I’ve seen the capped ones but wasn’t sure if any scales were solid silver.

My Brother asked me for the little one..and I couldn't say no. But there's way too many 112's yet to find to start chasing the little ones. I DO have a new 112 on the way that I'm excited about. DP, Nickel silver, Stag and if I remember correctly finger grooves! There is a factory sterling silver bolstered 112 (total of 3 made) from a set back in the early 80's that I would absolutely pay serious money for if I ever see one offered for sale. I love silver and I have always thought Buck should use more of it. Gold possibly too. I have a Custom 112 with over 2 oz's of sterling I treasure. I remember a Old Custom shop fixed blade with shark or stingray with silver wire wrap and a 532 Pro Rodeo with Sterling silver handles..

Bucksway. I don't have any stirling silver 112's but I do have 3 or 4 of those 532's you made mention of. I will try to remember to post pics of them on tomorrow's SPS.

Last edited:
Back